Wierd personal problem- am I alone? (kinda gross) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After giving birth to 3 big, beautiful babies, my body has changed alot- as one would expect.
Here's the embarrassing bit. I have found that occasionally I get air in my vagina. If I pass gas while sitting down, sometimes it re-directs into my vagina or if dh & I are intimate, I often get air in there that only comes out later with kegels. : I'm not overly stretched out or anything. I don't know why this happens. I don't know what to do about it, and I'm afraid it may be unhealthy. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'm really embarrased to ask, but I am hoping there's not something wrong with me. i have never heard anyone mention this before.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#2 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 03:43 AM

Totally normal. I think there was a funny thread about this a few months back.
#3 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 AM

Normal and not exclusive to those who have had children.
#4 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 AM

The same thing has happened to me since having three kids. I have reason to believe that I am not all, uh, stretched out or anything, but yeah I have that problem sometimes now. Not so much before I had kids.
#5 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 AM

That would happen to me even before I had my son.

hapersmion
#6 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 AM

Vagina farts? Yeah, I think it's a relatively *normal* phenomenon among those who haven't even had kids. Mine was a c/s and I know it's happened from time to time. Pretty embarrassing!
#7 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Totally normal In high school (pre-babies!), everyone called it "queefing." (Not sure of the spelling...)

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#8 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Yup, very normal. I also find that certain sexual posistions make the problem worse .....like doggystyle.... although sex isn't always the cause of it happening.
#9 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lact-o-Mama View Post
Yup, very normal. I also find that certain sexual posistions make the problem worse .....like doggystyle.... although sex isn't always the cause of it happening.
Oh yeah baby! There's nothing like a hot and heavy sexcapade and in the middle of it - a loud vajaja fart! NICE!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#10 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 PM

Yeah, I get that sitting down redirection thing, too. I especially hate it when it's at work and I worry that if I stand, it'll make a noise. eeek!

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#11 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM

I began to experience this right after I had my daughter. Embarassing, yet a little amusing at times.
#12 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post
Oh yeah baby! There's nothing like a hot and heavy sexcapade and in the middle of it - a loud vajaja fart! NICE!
:

I have been known to stop mid sex (air pockets kinda kill the mood) and stand up to do a hula hoop move to get the air out. DH thinks it's really funny.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#13 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 03:39 PM

I experienced it occasionally (like a few times a year) pre-baby and more than occasionally (now a few times a month) post-baby. Thankfully it's never noisy!
#14 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
After giving birth to 3 big, beautiful babies, my body has changed alot- as one would expect.
[COLOR="Red"] If I pass gas while sitting down, sometimes it re-directs into my vagina
this happens to me more often than i care to admit...i tore really badly with DS, and can't help but wonder if something went wrong with my stitching, you know? a crossed wire, per se
#15 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
there is even a treatment for yeast that includes deliberate sucking in of air-- I think it was in one of the earlier our bodies ourselves books or a new view of a woman's body-- or some old book like that. actually I was getting more air in before I had kids-- or maybe it had to do with how agile we were then-

so really it happens to lots of women
if you are worried about tone it doesn't usually hurt to do some extra kegels -- but it may not change the situation ---

take care
#16 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM

I squirted water out of my nose while reading this thread.

The most embarrassing thing happened to me the other day regarding this very same thing! I had NO idea there was any air up there, but I walked all the way from my office to the front office and then while I was standing there on the phone, a "queef" just came out! I could hear it! I just kept talking on the phone like nothing had happened, but I'm sure the other two people in the room had to have heard it.

They were both female and were kind enough to act like nothing had happened. I honestly don't know if I've ever been more embarrassed!

Oh, and this was happening to me way before I started having children! In fact, I think it happened more before the kids.......
#17 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuicemama View Post

The most embarrassing thing happened to me the other day regarding this very same thing! I had NO idea there was any air up there, but I walked all the way from my office to the front office and then while I was standing there on the phone, a "queef" just came out! I could hear it! I just kept talking on the phone like nothing had happened, but I'm sure the other two people in the room had to have heard it.
OMG!! laughup .... : I mean, WOW! hahahaha... *sigh*

The best is when you go to walk across a room and some air audibly comes out with each and every step. I can never keep a straight face, I just bust out laughing and usually can't stop until I leave the room.

Not trying to minimize your concern at all, OP, it's just all the replies got me thinking about funny embarrassing moments. Oooh, I really needed that today -- thanks ladies!

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

#18 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM

I get this too! my husband has been known to call me "queen la queefer" (queen latifa, get it?)
#19 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
Here's the embarrassing bit. I have found that occasionally I get air in my vagina. If I pass gas while sitting down, sometimes it re-directs into my vagina or if dh & I are intimate, I often get air in there that only comes out later with kegels. : I'm not overly stretched out or anything. I don't know why this happens. I don't know what to do about it, and I'm afraid it may be unhealthy. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'm really embarrased to ask, but I am hoping there's not something wrong with me. i have never heard anyone mention this before.
You know, that didn't happen to me until after baby three, when my perineum just wasn't as in tact as it used to be after three 10 lb babes. Glad to hear it's normal and I'm not the only one!
#20 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
: : You women ROCK! I am so impressed by how great and humorous we all are!
#21 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
this happens to me more often than i care to admit...i tore really badly with DS, and can't help but wonder if something went wrong with my stitching, you know? a crossed wire, per se
Yeah, I feel like there is less skin down there (perineum) and so the air can come up more easily.
#22 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 PM

#23 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:00 PM

This is so funny ... I refused to look at this thread all day because I didn't want to read something gross, and then it occurred to me that it might be about this specific issue. I had to look, because I've also been wondering. I never had the problem before baby #1 ... now it's constant. I had a C-section, too.
#24 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Totally normal. I too am one with the vagina fart!
#25 of 46 Old 02-16-2007, 11:30 PM

Often during sex . And once in the middle of my yoga class! And yes, it was VERY quiet, coulda heard a pin drop, and it happened with every move I made! I can't imagine what the other people were thinking. What could I do? I wasn't going to jump up and run out of the room, so I just continued on. GAWD I was mortified!

I'm so happy I'm not the only one it's happened to!
#26 of 46 Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmoose View Post
Totally normal In high school (pre-babies!), everyone called it "queefing." (Not sure of the spelling...)
Yep!
#27 of 46 Old 02-17-2007, 12:36 AM

: You ladies have me in stitches

I had vaginal farts more before I was ever pregnant than after giving birth.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#28 of 46 Old 02-17-2007, 12:50 AM

When it happens during sex we just giggle. If it continues I stand up and squat, which always results in a riot of laughter from DH, then we add some lube and keep going. Sometimes it helps.
#29 of 46 Old 02-17-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblufig View Post
The best is when you go to walk across a room and some air audibly comes out with each and every step. I can never keep a straight face, I just bust out laughing and usually can't stop until I leave the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Often during sex . And once in the middle of my yoga class! And yes, it was VERY quiet, coulda heard a pin drop, and it happened with every move I made! I can't imagine what the other people were thinking. What could I do? I wasn't going to jump up and run out of the room, so I just continued on. GAWD I was mortified!

I'm so happy I'm not the only one it's happened to!
: : : : :

I'm about to pee my pants!
#30 of 46 Old 02-17-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
:

: : : : :

I'm about to pee my pants!
well now, honey, that's a whole other issue that deserves it's own thread!!

barefoot mama, i'm totally with you with the yoga queefs. i took a class a few weeks ago and had a little air issue, i think the woman next to me heard, luckily it wasn't too loud but i.was.mortified.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page