RRL tea stories, post-birth - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started taking RRL tea everyday to help prepare for the birth. I have read the RRL tribe over in "I'm Pregnant" but I was curious to hear any stories from those of you who did the whole RRL thing and whether you think it had an outcome on the birth.

Thanks!

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-07-2007, 10:32 AM

subbing

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#3 of 7 Old 03-07-2007, 06:59 PM

I drank RRLT heavy duty in the last 6 weeks. I don't know how it affected my labor (I didn't have a chance to drink it while IN labor...it was only an hour and 15 min's) because I took castor oil (: long story) and that caused very hard contractions, but AFTER the birth, I had very little bleeding. Placenta took nearly 2 hours to come out.
I still have very little bleeding / discharge, at least in comparision to my last birth. (not tearing could have something to do with that too I guess.)

Lynisha ~Car Seat Tech-Scrapbookin'-Cake Decorating-semi-crunchy wife & SAHM to 2 + one on the way in Nov~

#4 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

bump

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#5 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 PM

I drank RRL almost the whole pregnancy, and from first contractions (was pit. induced at 42 weeks) to delivery was only 3.5hrs. Pushing part of that was only the last 15 min. or so, about 4-5 pushes total. A very easy delivery.

For comparision, my son't birth (no RRL) was 16hrs, with half hour of pushing (also pit. induced, but at 39 weeks for preeclampsia)

I felt I healed a lot faster this time, my midwife even commented how little swelling I had down there when she checked me out the next day(I did have 2 stitches for a moderate tear). I continued to drink it post-partum and on days when I missed it I could really feel a difference down below - I would be more sore/achy, and feel more swollen.
#6 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

This is my third pregnancy drinking RRL with Nettle. I feel it has helped me feel better throughout pregnancy, no swelling etc and the most important part for me is that I recover quickly after birth and only bleed for 3ish weeks after which is must less than with my first two.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#7 of 7 Old 03-08-2007, 04:49 PM

I drank RRL tea (w/ nettles and something else that I cant remember now) through the 2nd half of my pregnancy and it went amazingly well. I don't know if it was the tea, or the birth pool or my body or what, but my birth was just about flawless. I was in labor for 3 days, but it was only "hard" labor for about 3 hours, and only rough for 30 minutes. I had no tearing, no excessive bleeding, and was up and showering about 30 minutes after baby was born. My midwife said that I was "built to have babies or something"

I loved drinking the tea though, because it also gave me added water, which is great for you, and it just seemed to really make me feel more calm. I drank it a lot during early labor, and after the birth.

I love it, and cant wait to start drinking it again. It is suggested however to wait until the start of the 2nd trimester, because it strengthens the utereus and there is a slight chance of miscarriage during the implantation stage, before the baby is securely attached to the utereus. (think I explained that right... I just know I was urged to hold off till 2nd trimester)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page