can someone explain "asynclitic?" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
spu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
normally, baby's chin is tucked down. Imagine the head being an oval if you look down at the top of it. The smaller back portion should present first as it enters the vaginal barrel. if the baby's chin is not tucked under, the smaller rounder portion of the 'oval' is not presenting first, and it can be more difficult to deliver for the mom. Can also refer to the baby's head being tilted to the side.

My second pregnancy was asynclitic and posterior. Big guy got completely stuck after glorious drug-free labor, and ended with a c. they even tried to manually go up there and fix him to try to get him out vaginally.

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulakris View Post
Thanks for that! I really can't get enough of second births are easier stories. I mean I believe it's true, but to hear actual stories is great. Thanks!
They are!! Both my daughters were occiput posterior, and the second had a nuchal hand. My first labor took 28 horrific hours with 2 agonizing hours of pushing, and required an epidural and pitocin due to my exhaustion.

The second labor lasted 16 hours, mostly at home while I contemplated how painless and easy it was. I only had two hours of active labor and 15 minutes of pushing, with no epidural, no pitocin, and no interference. It was amazing how much less painful and more exhilarating the second labor was compared to the first, even though they had the same malpresentation.

User Tag List