Alittle confused? "Options" given at a hospital birth - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 12-29-2007, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsensation View Post
The thruth is, though, that most of us are just concentrating on birthing that baby and focused inward. We expect those around us to take care of us but instead they take advantage of our vulnerability.
I agree wholeheartedly with that. Maybe that's why so many laboring women wind up submitting to things they never wanted - they are in a mental place where they believe the people around them have their best interest at heart, so the crazy crap they suggest starts to sound like a good idea. Even if we KNOW that the hospital staff isn't on our side, I guess it's hard to erase the eons of birthing surrounded and supported by loved ones. We automatically go for that tribal feeling, even if it isn't there.
#62 of 63 Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
I have given birth in a Danish hospital twice. The first time I volunteered - the second time I transferred from a UC where my baby was malpositioned.
I gave birth in Herlev and Glostrup 9 and 8 years ago.
In Herlev they broke my water + added a little Pitocin in an IV in the end to speed things up -- I was not really asked whether I wanted either interventions. Luckily, those were not bad in the end...

In Glostrup I had a totally intervention free birth but it was at the midwife clinic within the hospital, so maybe that's why. Even there though, I was only allowed Roed Saft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Unfortunately even in Denmark the hospitals are not nearly as babyfriendly as they used to be. We are low on staff - not enough midwifes- so everyone is working with too many women at the same time, resulting in us moving rapidly in the US-direction :cry C-sections are on the rise and so is the number of women who come through feeling traumatised. And as a result of that more women are requesting elective c-secs Talk about a bad spiral of events.
I have been reading about this new trend ! Really sad
#63 of 63 Old 12-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
It is very difficult to argue with a determined nurse/doctor when you are in the middle of transition, unfortunately.
:

caffix.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page