Join Date: May 2005
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Yes, twice, both for medical reasons.
We stayed in hospital and induced when we found out we had lost our first DD at term. Cervidil. Quick labor, but not pleasant.
With my second DD, I had developed Rh antibodies and also had that history of late term loss, so we decided to induce at 37w. We didn't want to keep our DD in any longer than necessary and have her develop HDN. So, it was cervidil again--didn't work, pitocin--not much help, then 2 rounds of prostaglandin gel and continuous pitocin and finally we got active labor going after 2 days of trying. The good part was that my water broke in its own (I didn't want the OB to do it) and once in labor, I went really fast...I stayed stuck at 5cm for hours, but then went from 5cm to pushing in 20 minutes. I didn't mind the pitocin (just didn't like the IV). I thought the cervidil was a lot worse...
If we ever have another, it'll be another induction, same reasons.
I wish I could birth naturally. We had a homebirth and midwife all lined up for our first. Guess it's just not in the cards for us.