Baby's position, what next? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due in a couple of weeks. I just got confirmation that the baby does finally seem to be head down. I don't know if it was the exercises or the Pullsatilla or both, but doc thinks he is head down. (I have a difficult time telling and I suspect that the placenta in front makes it even harder). He isn't down too far and I would like to see that head engage, but in the right position. I have had two posterior births (came out eyes up) and it is something I sincerely want to avoid this time. I realize that subsequent babies may not engage until just before birth, and maybe I am just anxious to make sure he is going to be in the right position that I want to get him positioned and engaged. I am not about to do any squatting right now unless I knew he was positioned right, but I was curious if some walking right after being on my hands and knees would be a good idea? Any ideas? I have heard that Kali Carb is good for posterior presentations, but I am not sure this baby is or will be posterior, I just know that with an anterior placenta and 2 previous posterior births, the likelihood is up there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Have you tried chiro care to help balance your hips? My babe was sunny side up for ever until last week when I went in for an adjustment. She (He?) is finally in position and actually engaged after the chiro care.

Might be worth looking into if you haven't already.

I also do/did the spinningbabies.com suggestions of hands knees position and creating a hammock with my stomach vs my back. etc...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:10 PM

Walking is good. Chiropractic is good. Avoid reclining. Sit leaning forward, or tailor sit, or use an exercise ball. Stay off your back.

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

User Tag List