Bedrest, how to prepare for a good labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was put on bedrest yesterday due to a medical problem and I am 37 weeks. I have been very concerned with this baby's position because I have had 2 posterior births, and this one was breech until about a week ago. This one also has an anterior placenta so I know the risk of posterior positioning is something that I am trying to be conscious of. I've made an effort to watch my posture, and take advantage of gravity to encourage an anterior position. The baby's head is down, but very high up and little cervical change. I know that my pattern to to dilate to a 4-5 between 36 to 39 or 40 weeks when I give birth. I am concerned that being on bedrest, laying on my side for at least half of the day is going to be one more factor to complicate this process. I had hoped to do more walking during this time to strengthen things, help bring the baby down, and cause dilation in preparation for birth. Any advice how to make the best of this situation in preparing my body for labor?
Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page