can we talk about alienating c-sec moms, or moms who had epidurals? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameg View Post
I would have preferred to receive condolences rather than the comment I most often received: "Well, a c/s is easier than a vaginal birth anyway." I've also been told I'm "lucky" to not have had to go through vaginal birth. Yeah.... lucky me.
:
"I'm sorry it didn't go the way you'd hoped" sits a lot better with me than, "oh - you took the easy way out".

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I don't have anywhere near the guts it would take to walk back through those doors...so I'm not.
This is how I felt when I was planning my HBAC. Everyone told me how brave I was to do a homebirth. I would laugh and tell them it would take 10 times the courage for me to go the hospital route. They all looked at me like I was crazy, but whatever. Wasn't the first time they looked at me like that and I'm sure it won't be the last.

User Tag List