my cesarean and recovery

*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.Jasmine Rae Ojala*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
  *¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
#122 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Food Poisoning, weeks after birth, wreching cramps and pain for days, hours in the middle of the night, explosive diarhea, more stomach pain, all happening when you have 3rd degree tears and stitches from a really fast birth.

The cramps of labor are nothing compared with those food poisoning cramps!!! And my butt hurt, added to my other hurts OIY...

We got the tainted PB...
#123 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post
for me it was the opposite, I didn't feel the "ring of fire" and the baby coming through didn't hurt that bad compared to the contractions when I was in transition.

Cryosurgery on my cervix was much worse than labor and birth. And the cryo lasted 2 minutes in comparison to a 20 hour labor- I'd still choose birth over that pain anyday.

I had a really bad UTI once that was worse than labor.
No ring of fire here, either despite my midwife saying repeatedly, "Wow, that burns, that burns, I know it burns."

ARGH! I had cryosurgery - I think. Is that when they burn something off? I had that done on my VAGINA and it SUCKED.

I also get chronic UTIs and I gotta say, those suck way more than my first delivery. My first delivery was pie compared to my worst UTI. And, I recall feeling like I was being split in two after my midwife broke my water and Isadora dropped down LOW.:

Other worse pain memories include period pain (endometriosis sufferer here), IBS-D (horrid cramps and that terrible feeling of having to shit your pants) and having a missed miscarriage at home over the course of days and banging my head against the wall because that was the only way I could manage the pain.
#124 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM

I haven't had a baby yet buuuut...

Eight years ago, I had an infection that killed off the bacteria in my intestines and the food started to rot in there. The doctor at the hospital said nothing could be done and I had to wait it out. THREE DAYS OF ABSOLUTE HELL. I actually tried to kill myself to escape the pain.

Nothing could be worse than that. Labor pains? Shmabor pains! BRING IT ON!

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#125 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 07:20 PM

I'll second the Cryosurgery! Wow, that was much more painful than childbirth. Also, 24 hour stomach viruses are only slightly more painful than childbirth and don't give anywhere near the same "high" that childbirth gives.

Some of these responses are making my stomach hurt just imagining!!!

Lisa

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#126 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM

for me, having my heart broken hurts worse than childbirth.
#127 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM

Viola - I still have no idea what it was. Let me explain where the pain was coming from... feel for your right hip bone. Move a couple inches to the left. And down about a half inch. I was having waves of super duper contraction-like pains, in that it would start and build up to a totally unbearable intensity before going away slightly, then it would start over again. And over and over and over again. Like I said, It started in the evening and lasted until the very early morning. I was on the floor screaming and rolling around in pain.

Does that sound like a gallbladder attack? Kidney stones? An ovarian cyst? I have no idea.....
#128 of 209 Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Migranes in a way are worse, just because I'm pretty good at using pain coping skills, but none of them work when it's your brain that it is pain.
The first couple of times I had a problem with sciatic nerve issues were pretty painful, too.

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::
#129 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 AM

I dunno. I have had migraines that seriously made me think blowing my head off was a sensible option for a few seconds. But for me childbirth was the most physically painful thing I ever experienced.

Maybe if I had a normal birth with a doctor who had a clue, or had found this place in time to educate myself about a midwife it would have been different, who knows? I think most of my problems came from medical incompetence and if I had known more I might have felt more empowered and less terrified. I knew my baby and I were in danger and did the whole near death experience, and that was the only time the pain stopped. I assume that isn't normal, since I've had other women tell me the pain wasn't really all that bad. :

I've always wished I could have a chance to go back and start the whole process over again with more knowledge.

for intuitive readings click here :
#130 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Kidney infections and migraines are so much worse.
#131 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiland View Post
Viola - I still have no idea what it was. Let me explain where the pain was coming from... feel for your right hip bone. Move a couple inches to the left. And down about a half inch. I was having waves of super duper contraction-like pains, in that it would start and build up to a totally unbearable intensity before going away slightly, then it would start over again. And over and over and over again. Like I said, It started in the evening and lasted until the very early morning. I was on the floor screaming and rolling around in pain.

Does that sound like a gallbladder attack? Kidney stones? An ovarian cyst? I have no idea.....
Gallbladder is higher.. DH and my grandfather both have GB issues.. it feels like, almost heart-attackey, but on the right side of your chest, right under your ribs.

Sounds to me more like a kidney issue.
#132 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 05:10 AM

Um, nothing hurt worse than childbirth. But that's just me--I've never been in a serious accident or broken any bones, and I've only had one root canal. And I had 40 hours of back labor fueled in part by Pitocin, so maybe that should be taken into account.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#133 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamamidwife View Post
for me, having my heart broken hurts worse than childbirth.
I agree. I'll take any and all pain of childbirth. It's worth it! (In fact, with my current pregnancy I'm kinda looking forward to it ) Last year I lost a baby, and I realized that your heart really can be ripped out of your chest.
#134 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM

The other night I had a gallbladder attack. My worst ever. I nearly passed out. In fact I am shocked I didn't. I couldn't even get up. Way worse than childbirth. I would have gone to the ER right then to have them remove it but I couldn't get a hold of anyone at 2 am to come get me. At least I get a baby out of labor pains. What do I get out of a gallbladder attack?

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#135 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Nothing in the world hurt as bad as childbirth. I had attended lots and lots and lots of births, I had read alot of stuff, and seen women handle labor just fine.

But, for me? I crawled up in a ball on the floor and screamed, "I'm dying" at the top of my lungs. And really thought I was.

I don't look forward to it again.
#136 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS View Post
Nothing in the world hurt as bad as childbirth. I had attended lots and lots and lots of births, I had read alot of stuff, and seen women handle labor just fine.

But, for me? I crawled up in a ball on the floor and screamed, "I'm dying" at the top of my lungs. And really thought I was.

I don't look forward to it again.
I personally find this disturbing. I feel for you. Have you tried hypbirth? Pain is all relative, but another thing is when you know that pain is there for a reason and it is perceived as a good thing, then it really should not be "painful", intense, rushing(Ina May word).
Birth isn't like smashing your finger with a hammer pain. It should be a joyous event, labor is work and some of it is "intense", but I think if we as a society loose this PAIN word future generations will see birth as normal and good.

Sorry, OT, but I just feel so badly for women who experience emense pain. And I've had 2 c/s, so I've had pain.
#137 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Rushes is the worst word ever.

I thought of labour as hard, intense work. I knew that that it wasn't pain as something was wrong. IN fact, pain was not in my dictionary.

It was still one of the most painful experiences.

I understand that letting go of preconceptions can help, but to say if one just doesn't think of it as pain, does hypnobirthing, etc, then it will be jous rushes is dismissive and disingenuous.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#138 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra375 View Post
I personally find this disturbing. I feel for you. Have you tried hypbirth? Pain is all relative, but another thing is when you know that pain is there for a reason and it is perceived as a good thing, then it really should not be "painful", intense, rushing(Ina May word).
Birth isn't like smashing your finger with a hammer pain. It should be a joyous event, labor is work and some of it is "intense", but I think if we as a society loose this PAIN word future generations will see birth as normal and good.

Sorry, OT, but I just feel so badly for women who experience emense pain. And I've had 2 c/s, so I've had pain.
My c-section and recovery was SOOOO much easier than labor. Seriously.

I read all the "right" stuff while pregnant, did Birthing from Within, and still, when that pain hit, my thought was, "OMG. I had no idea." Seriously. In every birth I had attended, those women made it look so easy. They just breathed and moaned and maybe made some noise.

To me, it felt like someone was ripping my insides out while trying to stuff them back in at the same time. With a gorilla jumping up and down on top of me at the same time. When I say that I thought I would die, I really, really did. My dh had to repeat, "You won't die. God won't let you die," to me for about 12 hours of my 36 hour labor. It wasn't fun.

Edited to add: I did have a dysfunctional labor with a persistent OP presentation of an 11 lb, 14 ounce baby. So, that might have made my labor a bit worse than it will be next time.
#139 of 209 Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra375 View Post

That's how mine was too, though. I am amazed at the women who say their migraines are worse. My migraines have made me want to die for brief moments, but in no way did they ever come close to the pain of childbirth.
Something was definitely wrong, and from what I understand I should have had a c section and might have died had I attempted a home birth. I had such a lousy doctor, though, it's really hard to say.

I've talked to a lot of other women, and I've never heard another say their regular OB exams were painful either.

Since I've never had a painful exam with a gyno before or since, I have no explanation for this at all.

for intuitive readings click here :
#140 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Ive had gallstones and my wisdom teeth out and 3 operations and nothing hurts worse than back labor!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#141 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM

Severe migraines, kidney infection, and an infected wisdom tooth all, (to me), hurt more than childbirth. That being said, childbirth is hard to compare anything to....it's in a category of its own.

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#142 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post

I understand that letting go of preconceptions can help, but to say if one just doesn't think of it as pain, does hypnobirthing, etc, then it will be jous rushes is dismissive and disingenuous.
:
#143 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I understand that letting go of preconceptions can help, but to say if one just doesn't think of it as pain, does hypnobirthing, etc, then it will be joyous rushes is dismissive and disingenuous.
: I came in here to say that my broken leg hurt more than any of my labors (It did. There was no point to the pain and it was sheer and nonstop with no time to catch my breath like labor has.) but wanted to agree with this. I think telling women that birth is only painful if they do something wrong is not only dismissive and disingenous but also disempowering (is that a word?). If women go into birth thinking "if only I do this and this then birth will not be painful, rather it will only be intense and filled with joy" then were is their ability to deal when it is also painful? How likely is it that when it does hurt ( a lot!) they will think that there is something wrong, that they are not as strong as other women, that they need drugs to get through this.

In my opinion it is more empowering to prepare women to face the pain, the intensity, and the joy; to teach them to recognize that their body is strong and amazing and can get through labor pains and intensity than to deny the existence of pain and leave them floundering in the end.

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." -Isaac Asimov read.gif

#144 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Yeah, I have been told time and again on here that my birth was painful because I was not enlightened enough, didn't have the right attitude, thought about it wrong...

It's... disrespectful and patronizing, to say the least.
#145 of 209 Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM

I honestly don't know if anything is more painful than childbirth. I think pretty much any severe pain is the most painful thing you've ever experienced at the moment it hurts.
#146 of 209 Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 AM

having an ingrown toenail removed
#147 of 209 Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 AM

I know, in my mind, that my labors must have hurt. They must have. Pictures of my labor and birth show my face contorted, sweaty, red. But I can't remember the pain. I can remember the wonder and awe I felt, being a part of something so much bigger than myself, bringing life into the world. I can remember feeling my almost-born daughter's head slip into the palm of my hand and the world standing still at that moment. I remember seeing her face for the first time. But I couldn't tell you how much it hurt, or even if it did because I can't remember it.
I need to have another baby. Like right. Now.
#148 of 209 Old 10-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Gallbladder pain! UGH I was 4 weeks away from my due date with DS. I KNEW I was not in labor but I was in so much pain I could not convey that to my husband. I thought I was going to die. I was worried if I couldn't handle whatever that was (learned years later it was gall bladder related) how could I handle childbirth. So I went into labor expecting it to get worse and it never got to that level.

I had the attacks for a few months after he was born and I told DH that it was worse then labor. I had the attacks again with DD#1 starting 4 weeks before her EDD. That is when I was told it sounded like my gall bladder. I had that sucker removed when she was 7 weeks old!

Headache after a spinal tap. OMG I couldn't move for 4 days. Then I still had this pain afterward for a few more days. That was one of my reasons to never get an epidural they talked about the risk of a spinal headache and I thought huh trade pain in labor for pain after labor when I have a baby to care for?

Nursing through thrush now that is horrid as well but I think about on par with childbirth. Ouch that hurts just thinking about it.

Jennifer
#149 of 209 Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Gallstones
Ovarian surgery
A ruptured ovarian cyst
Fracturing my collarbone
Fracturing my tailbone
#150 of 209 Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 PM

The 3 week spinal headache I had after a spinal tap a few years back. It went on forever and I could not get up AT. ALL. Give me the short pain of labor instead.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page