Belly binding? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking at the bellefit ones...my sis and I both have big babies, are short, and have diastasis recti...these seem well made.

http://www.bellefit.com/recovery.php

a bit pricey, but if they'll help, it's worth it!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#62 of 65 Old 08-24-2012, 02:56 PM

I did it with DS and it was awesome. I ordered something from amazon, it was like $14. I am definitely binding again with #2. 

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

nursex2.gifcd.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#63 of 65 Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 AM

I am interested, especially in the bengkung style like these, which look easier to put on by my self: http://tanamerapostnatal.com/product-benefits/abdominal-wrap-bengkung/

Does anyone know if there are 'sizes' to these? I am not tiny and this is my 5th baby. I have posture issues pp with breastfeeding, etc and several tailbone breaks in birth, I think this could help.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#64 of 65 Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I asked for an abdominal binder at the hospital after DD2 was born, and the nurse gave me this giant thing with velcro and elastic and it was AMAZING.  I have a long torso and it went from the bottom of my ribs to just above my pubic bone.  It was super easy to put on and made getting up and walking around that first week so much easier.  It was so much nicer than the medela binder I'd bought before DD2 was born that I just went and returned the medela binder.

It was basically like this:

http://www.braceshop.com/procare-personal-abdominal-binder.htm?gclid=CMK8-cXZp7gCFcyj4AodrCUA8w

#65 of 65 Old 07-15-2013, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I talked to the Nurse Practictitioner at my OB practice about belly binding, and she encouraged me to try it and bring the belt to the hospital so I can start ASAP.

I figured if I am going to do this, I'm going to do it right, so I got a BelleFit corset, even though it's pretty pricy.

It's an investment in my body, right? And this is my body forever, so here we go... I'm due in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Regarding the use of sheets and things, I guess it might work but it sounds like a pain to get together and I'd rather something that can be discrete under clothing.

I am using a scarf for belly support around the house sometimes though. It feels great, but I don't think it'd be practical for full-on belly binding.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page