C/s moms....how are you preparing?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-13-2003, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm planning a VBAC but for you never know what might happen.

For some reason I jsut have this sinking fear this babe will be breech. I had my c/s with my son..never even anticipated it but now that this is baby 2 I know I need to think ahead for the what ifs.....

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#2 of 7 Old 09-14-2003, 09:11 AM

I am also planning a vbac. But, just in case...
I have hired not only a midwife (four hours drive away) for a normal, healthy delivery, but also an OB (local) for emergency situation.
I have a doula. Am taking Bradley classes.
I wrote a birth plan, including c-section scenario. May or may not actually discuss it with doc ahead of time, but it helped me to get my wishes out on paper like that.
I have also totally overdosed on info regarding the first c-section. Got copies of my records, read through them, researched everything I didn't fully understand. Researched some more. Wrote my birth story. Spoke with OB, midwife, and doula about my feelings about it. Researched some more.
Joined ICAN mailing list (there isn't a local chapter here).
I realize that another c-section may not be avoidable, but if it does happen again, it won't be because of my ignorance of what is truly necessary like the last time.
#3 of 7 Old 09-16-2003, 06:11 PM

I am doing many of the things stafl mentioned. Lots of research, ICAN, writing birth plan (including a C/S posibility - something i never even let myself think of before). Doula, eating healthy, optimal feotal positioning, chiropractics.

Also studying hypnobabies and doing birthing from within art. I really believe most of the work at this point is emotional/psychologica - for me learning to relax.

I have stopped reading ICAN mailinglist stuff b/c for me it was too much - necessary for others definately to process and communicate - but i realised i was getting depressed and angry all the time. So for me preparation has been about absorbing info - now it is about tuning into myself. I am putting the books away - i think i got overinformed KWIM?? Now that my Tasks are done (research, birthplan, birthkit) I am just going to focus on relaxing and trusting.
#4 of 7 Old 09-16-2003, 06:12 PM

I am doing many of the things stafl mentioned. Lots of research, ICAN, writing birth plan (including a C/S posibility - something i never even let myself think of before). Doula, eating healthy, optimal feotal positioning, chiropractics.

Also studying hypnobabies and doing birthing from within art. I really believe most of the work at this point is emotional/psychologica - for me learning to relax.

I have stopped reading ICAN mailinglist stuff b/c for me it was too much - necessary for others definately to process and communicate - but i realised i was getting depressed and angry all the time. So for me preparation has been about absorbing info - now it is about tuning into myself. I am putting the books away - i think i got overinformed KWIM?? Now that my Tasks are done (research, birthplan, birthkit) I am just going to focus on relaxing and trusting and opening.
#5 of 7 Old 10-15-2003, 04:25 PM

I have had two c/s. Of course, the first was unplanned. But the second for me was planned and in hind sight I am very lucky to have made that decision.
Of course, my doctor had a copy of my 1st c/s operative report. But he must not have read it. I am pregnant with my 3rd and recently got copies of both c/s op reports. My first c/s was transverse (horizontally) and vertically!!! I should have never even heard the word VBAC come from my doctor about baby #2.
I am still upset that my 2nd child's op report reads "refusal to attempt VBAC", but God was watching over me when I said I wasn't interested in a VBAC.
Please get copies of your operative reports and read them. If you don't understand what you are reading ask for a specific explaination.
I asked my doctor for number 3 about it and was shocked.
#6 of 7 Old 10-16-2003, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had all of my babes at home, but I always had a backup hospital contingency plan because no one ever guarantees you anything.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#7 of 7 Old 10-16-2003, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am planning on a c-section at 39 weeks.I just hope I don't go into labor before that because my mom is flying in 2 days before I have baby #2 and without her, I don't have anyone to watch baby #1!

Laura

Jack 3-22-02
DS#2 12-22-03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page