Mothering Forum banner

How many weeks were you when you had your third?

2K views 49 replies 45 participants last post by  mamato3cherubs 
#1 ·
I'm just curious how many weeks you were when you had your third baby? I have heard that baby 1 is usually about 41ish weeks, baby 2 is usually about 40 weeks, and baby 3 can be a wildcard.

I was induced at 40w0d with #1
Had #2 naturally at 38w6d
Am currently 35 weeks with #3

Please share how many weeks you were with all 3 (or more!)

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Both of my boys were born at 40 weeks exactly, each born one day before their due dates, the first in the hospital, the second at home. I was never induced, went into labor naturally both times. I am pregnant with my 3rd, and I don't anticipate it being any different this time, but we'll have to see!

#14 ·
#1 - induced 11 days over
#2 - naturally 26 days over
#3 - naturally 28 days early (VERY complicated pregnancy though, bedrest from 19 weeks on)
#4 - 1 day "late"
#5 - currently 37 weeks exactly! So we shall see!

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsElle07 View Post
#1: 39w1d
#2: 39w1d
#3: 41w

My labor was also longer for #3. It really is a wild card!

I've heard this from a lot of women. One woman in my mom's group just had her second recently and the labor was several hours longer, and the woman who started the group said her 3rd took longer because he was 1.5lbs bigger than her first two babes! I hope I keep with my pattern of the labor being shorter each time. My first labor was 20 hours, my second was 8 hours.

#24 ·
#1 39+6 induced b/c ROM 12hr no ctx (wish I'd known better)
#2 41+3 I had a week or so of prodromal labor.
#3 40+3 I was so surprised when my labor started. I woke up thinking I had another week or so, and by mid afternoon I was holding my baby.

The wild card theory totally scared me. I was preoccupied with the possibility of a difficult labor. I did not at all expect it to be as quick and easy as it was!

May yours be quick and easy, but not shockingly so!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.