Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I don't have the same thing going on...so I can't offer much help, but I did have a lot of tearing. My stitches stayed, fortunately. Cosmetically I'm a little different, but essentially everything is attached back where it belongs... I thought what might be helpful, though, is to let you know that I have tenderness still on the thickest part of my scar, esp. during sex..and I'm 4 months pp. I asked the women on this message board about the soreness and the consenses seemed to be that it takes about 6 months (or in most cases at least 6 months) for the soreness to go away. Since you probably have a lot of scar tissue, it will probably take a while to heal. It's freaky to dwell on how it's never going to feel right again, so I know how you feel, but I've noticed a lot of improvement myself just in the last month...
best wishes for fast healing...
#3 of 7 Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonSnail View Post
I asked the women on this message board about the soreness and the consenses seemed to be that it takes about 6 months (or in most cases at least 6 months) for the soreness to go away. Since you probably have a lot of scar tissue, it will probably take a while to heal. It's freaky to dwell on how it's never going to feel right again, so I know how you feel, but I've noticed a lot of improvement myself just in the last month...
best wishes for fast healing...
Thanks for this. I'm 3.5 months PP, and I still have some soreness, can't even attempt sex yet. I've been wondering what's wrong with me when so many mamas seem to get right back in the saddle again in no time.
#4 of 7 Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

#5 of 7 Old 03-26-2008, 03:28 PM

I have had almost the exact same thing happen to me, perhaps a slightly milder case, and remember it being sore for a long time afterwards (more than a year). Now 3.5 years have passed and there is no tenderness or soreness at all.
#6 of 7 Old 03-26-2008, 03:46 PM

I had a partial labia removal 2 years ago for health reasons. It took me 9 months to recover. It is a long process and DO NOT force it. Take it slow and communicate with your DP.

There is hope - it gets better!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#7 of 7 Old 03-26-2008, 03:46 PM

I am a slow healer - like snail slow and always have been.

I tore in two directions and at my 6 week checkup the dissolvable stitches still hadn't dissolved. My midwife said they would (and they did). It took me forever to feel better.

My scars hurt for probably a year (and even now, almost 4 years later, I can still feel them every now and then while DTD).

Hang in there. If it isn't better in a few more months then re-evaluate but if you feel like it is getting better then just give your body time. Also, as your hormones even back out it will probably make the scar less tender.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page