normal for pp bleeding to resume after 2 weeks without? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-27-2003, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey.. i'm just kinda worrying. my bleeding stopped around 3 and a half weeks post partum, and now i am 5 and a half pp, and it's started again all of a sudden. it's not heavy, but i'm sort of concerned. should i be?
#2 of 8 Old 09-27-2003, 11:45 PM

Nasty old AF paid me a visit just 4 weeks after I had my third...and he was nursing like a champ round-the-clock.

If you are certain it's not AF knockin' at your door already, have you stepped up your activity level? You may be overdoing it, which can cause your PP bleeding to resume. That would be a sign to take it easy.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#3 of 8 Old 09-27-2003, 11:55 PM

This often happens if your overdoing it, have you been doing more? My MW told me to stop doing so much.
#4 of 8 Old 09-28-2003, 02:03 AM

Yep, mine came back when I tried being super mom and doing too much, it stopped again after several days of laying around. It could be your body's way of telling you to take it a little slower (if possible).
#5 of 8 Old 09-28-2003, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

"if possible" is right.

yeah, i have been doing a lot more, and extra stressed too. i am a single mom with a 3 year old as well who has been gleefully poking, pressing and generally jumping around on all my buttons lately.. i guess i have been trying to hard to just push throo it.. and it's so hard not to when my house is falling down around me. but i will try to lay low for a few days.. guess i have no choice, huh?

thanks
#6 of 8 Old 09-28-2003, 05:24 PM

Mamabeard

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#7 of 8 Old 09-28-2003, 05:31 PM

I also thought AF was back...I've also started some bleeding again, mostly spotting, but still, it had stopped!!!
"Take it easy"...yeah,,,I'll try! :LOL
#8 of 8 Old 09-29-2003, 07:42 PM

It sounds like it probably is your body telling you to slow down.

With my first, my bleeding stopped quickly - no probs. Then with my second it droned on then stopped then started then stopped and spotted, etc. This went on for 6-8 wks. and I wasn't doing too much. My mw said my body might be trying to start cycling again (I doubted it) and to start thinking about birth control. Well, 9 mos. later, I was pregnant again! I didn't even get my period back at 9 mos. with my first! I'd keep both possibilities in mind just in case!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page