How does YOUR cervix feel when pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-16-2008, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Ladies! I've been checking my cervix's every once and awhile, just to check on it I suppose. I am 17 weeks pregnant and it is very soft, almost feels dilated a finger tip. I guess I just always thought it would be tight and VERY closed. My cervix feels nothing like it did when we were TTC, where there were definite changes between it being high, hard and closed and then when it was low, soft and open. But now it just feels really open, really soft and really low. Do you think this is normal (And I know there are many variations of normal). We are just going to hire our midwife so I have yet to ask her yet, and I will, just wanted to see what you guys thought about that

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#2 of 4 Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM

Sorting through the random bits of knowledge that are in my unorganized brain...I think it is normal for your cervix to have a "dimple" when you are pregnant.
#3 of 4 Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Leah View Post
Sorting through the random bits of knowledge that are in my unorganized brain...I think it is normal for your cervix to have a "dimple" when you are pregnant.
Oh yeah I remember that. It is normal I know for sure if you have had previous pregnancies, but mine feels much more open then that! I don't know maybe I'm crazy

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#4 of 4 Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 AM

Hmm... I am 36 weeks preg and haven't checked recently, but as of about 3 weeks ago mine was so high that I didn't have a prayer of reaching it. I think how it feels should depend on how far along you are, though...

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page