Forum Jump: 

#511 of 512 Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBeth0000 View Post

Not as much stupid as just funny

Me immediately after birth: "Is it a boy or a girl? Honey, is it a boy or a girl?"

DH (sobbing, holding our DS): "It's a baby! It's a baby! It's a baby!"

um, yeah, he was too overwhelmed to check on that particular piece of information for me for a while. . .

love.gif love it!

applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#512 of 512 Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Loved these. I was not happy with my first hospital birth (3rd bàby) but after these, it seems a lot better. Nobody told me to be quiet or gave me grief over my choices. The first nurse I had kept asking me how my pain was? I just gave her à blank look, it's a contraction, but I'm handling it fine. The next nurse was better, tried to make it as close to my homebirths as she could. found after the birth that they have a 95 percent epi rate! they kept telling me they were full, but i never saw or heard another woman. so my birth was def out of their comfort zone!

The most annoying thing that happened was while I was pushing. The nurse and the ob had this long conversation about whether my water was clear or not (it broke in the tub). Doc: was it clear? Nurse: idk, it broke in the bathtub. Doc: but was there meconium in it? Nurse: idk she was in the water. If I had been capable of talking, I would have told them it was clear, I obviously have more experience with this than them lol. The tub was white, the room bright, it wasn't hard to tell. It was also very annoying that so many people were talking while I was pushing. Push. Don't push. I was on my knees with my back to them. Dh too was trying to talk over them, trying to give me something to focus on (cause I was screaming). Which is good in theory,, but just added to the confusion. I finally just screamed and pushed that bàby out to gèt it over with. On the plus side, the baby just slid out onto the bed (i had one hand on him, i had one hand on my vagina feeling his head the whole time i was pushing) and i flipped over and picked him up. That doc was pretty hands off, looking back, she probably couldn't see anything.

the nurse was convinced that I had torn (maybe cause of my 'huge' 9lber. Not even my biggest babe) so the doc gave me a local (after asking my permission), but after cleaning me up there was no tear. That local was kind of nice, took away the stinging from pushing fast.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page