Anyone ever measure "behind"? What was your outcome? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-23-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still measuring behind. I've shown no signs of problems, baby has never shown signs of problems, its a normal, healthy pregnancy. But I've always measured 4 weeks behind. So what's the deal? Anyone else ever have this happen and it turned out to be nothing? Did you measure behind and it turned out there was a problem? Just trying to make myself less paranoid
#2 of 4 Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 PM

I measured 3-4 weeks behind with dd. She measured 2ish weeks behind at her 20 week u/s. She ended up being born on her due date. She was/is healthy. She was small for a full term baby though, 6lbs 3 oz but didn't show any signs of being premature and I was sure on my dates. She is average height now (4 1/2) but still on the thin side, it is just how she is.
#3 of 4 Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM

You know I measured behind with both my pregnancies. The first pregnancy I didn't even realize b/c the mw didn't say anything b/c I was always consistently growing. I had an unassisted pregnancy with my second and when I did see a mw at 36 weeks she totally freaked out on me. I went back checked my records and tehn we measured each week after that and I consistantly grew.

First pregnancy I went 42 weeks with an 8 lb baby with no signs of post-datism
and second pregnancy I went 43 weeks (!!!!!!) and had a 7.5 baby with no sign of post-datism.

I don't know if I grow them small or slowly or carry differently? But it all worked out well for me.
#4 of 4 Old 05-24-2008, 12:21 AM

I never measured 4 weeks behind, but I was always a bit behind, and then after about 34 weeks the top of my fundus was so far up in my ribs that my midwife didn't want to torture me by trying to find it, so she would only measure up to my ribs. I had several ultrasounds that estimated the baby to be on the smaller side, but still within the realm of normal. I had a 5 lb 12 oz baby at 38w5d, but he was also 19" so I guess his length was why he didn't look quite as small as he was on ultrasound. He had a weird placenta and cord and I think that might have contributed to his small size, but my husband and I are also both small so that could be part of it too. He is still tiny now, at almost 2.

Lisa, Navy wife, mom to two boys born 6/06 and 3/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page