42+ week moms.... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 126 Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't that the deal? Make some great plans, wear some shoes you'd never allow to get wet?

My SIL's water broke on her new shoes in the cheesecake factory.
#62 of 126 Old 05-30-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBeth0000 View Post
Just wanted to say that I really respect you too--I think you are doing an amazing job. I just know how hard each day can be at this stage. . .you said you hit an evening slump? Mine was mornings--I would wake up mad that I hadn't gone into labor overnight

So what are you going to plan tonight? It's Friday night! Make some fun plans. . .DTD with your DP if you can still stand the sight of him!
Yeah, I'm pretty pissy in the mornings too Though in between I cope alright...

Love to get some action tonight, but if whiny clingy dd is any indication of her mood tonight it's going to be unlikely

sigh...

-Angela
#63 of 126 Old 05-30-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Isn't that the deal? Make some great plans, wear some shoes you'd never allow to get wet?

My SIL's water broke on her new shoes in the cheesecake factory.
I don't know the last time I had shoes of that sort....

-Angela
#64 of 126 Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Will be easier to be confident in that when he's out though.
I hear you. But just remember that your trust is grounded in the truth... what the research shows, the way things have worked since time immemorial, and your mama intuition.

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#65 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 AM

: Alegna

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#66 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 AM

A looong time ago, I had a baby at 42w3d. That's my dd, swept up in a sea or puberty hormones these days.

The worst was the people who called everyday: "How are you feeling?" I finally snapped and started answering them, "Really f#@^ing pregnant. How do you feel?"

Bar none, the longest few weeks of my life. Hang in there. They do come out. Yes, all of them. Though I had a dream right around 42 weeks in which I had a condition called "reverse pregnancy." I just went backwards all the way through to the beginning, MS included. Did I say dream? I meant nightmare.

They do come out. All babies come out. And of course, they're always worth the wait!

computergeek2.gif

#67 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 11:05 AM

just wanted to give you a
#68 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Yet another mama following along the thread
#69 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownZoo View Post
The worst was the people who called everyday: "How are you feeling?" I finally snapped and started answering them, "Really f#@^ing pregnant. How do you feel?"

It wouldn't be so bad if you believed that they sincerely cared about you. But most of the time, their underlying message is clear: "When's that $%$#^$%^ baby gonna get here?!"

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#70 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 PM

Not 42 weeks + but I went 41 weeks 5 days with my second child (first was 37 weeks, 2 days) and was starting to get stressed and had a taste of what that was like. One thing that helped me was to make appointments for myself to re-evaluate at specific time periods, so I wouldn't stress about it in between. I also tried to tune into myself and into the knowledge that babies come when they are ready.

Wishing you good labor vibes and that you are hold the baby in your arms very soon!!!!!!!!!
#71 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM

I am rooting for you Angela. DS was 41w 4d. I have to tell you my funny story though. My sister wanted to be here to see DS be born and set her trip for the week I was "due". She and I were having some anxiety filled discussions about certain things and the entire time she was here she was convinced she would start my labor. Even asked my MW about giving me something "natural" to induce it. My sister did acupressure, took the kids out of the house so DH and I could have "alone time" , took me for walks etc. Two days after she went home DS was born. My MW is convinced I was too stressed about having the baby around my sister and that is why my body waited. At the same time I was sharing my MW with a close friend who was due around the same time. We both went back and forth on what would happen if we both went into labor at the same time. Her DD was born, two days before DS. So is there any roadblock you need to remove? Any over anxious sisters making baby shy? Are you sharing your midwife with someone who needs to have their baby first?
#72 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Alegna Inquiring minds want to know....any little baby yet????
#73 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 PM

::::
#74 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttlewon View Post
I am rooting for you Angela. DS was 41w 4d. I have to tell you my funny story though. My sister wanted to be here to see DS be born and set her trip for the week I was "due". She and I were having some anxiety filled discussions about certain things and the entire time she was here she was convinced she would start my labor. Even asked my MW about giving me something "natural" to induce it. My sister did acupressure, took the kids out of the house so DH and I could have "alone time" , took me for walks etc. Two days after she went home DS was born. My MW is convinced I was too stressed about having the baby around my sister and that is why my body waited. At the same time I was sharing my MW with a close friend who was due around the same time. We both went back and forth on what would happen if we both went into labor at the same time. Her DD was born, two days before DS. So is there any roadblock you need to remove? Any over anxious sisters making baby shy? Are you sharing your midwife with someone who needs to have their baby first?
I wish I could put my finger on something.... mostly it's just hitting the point where it feels like it's never going to happen at this point.

-Angela
#75 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Whole lotta nothing still. Pressure. Pain from pressure. BH. But nothing that feels productive.

-Angela
#76 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM

Good things are worth the wait...I'm seeing a beautiful, gentle birth for you soon.
I relate to the feeling that it will never happen...I felt that way too before.
You WILL go into labor and birth this baby...and then it's this amazing feeling to know your body did exactly what it knew to do.
#77 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM

You're my hero. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your guns and waiting it out. *hugs*

Nealy
mama to T, 5; L, 2; and EDD 12/20/08

P.S. My DH was also born -- MIL's first baby -- in a very easy 4-hour labor at 44 weeks.
#78 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
Good things are worth the wait...I'm seeing a beautiful, gentle birth for you soon.
I relate to the feeling that it will never happen...I felt that way too before.
You WILL go into labor and birth this baby...and then it's this amazing feeling to know your body did exactly what it knew to do.
Thanks. I need to hear this today.

-Angela
#79 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swandira View Post
You're my hero. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your guns and waiting it out. *hugs*

Nealy
mama to T, 5; L, 2; and EDD 12/20/08

P.S. My DH was also born -- MIL's first baby -- in a very easy 4-hour labor at 44 weeks.
awww... thanks.

My mother doesn't believe me that there have always been 44 week babies... She's just sure all those women have their dates off.... and she's an educated, usually up for alternative stuff kind of person.

-Angela
#80 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Where the heck is the 10-month pregnancy page? Someone know where it is? We need it posted here now. It's this beautiful page about mamas who birthed their 44+ week babies. It's gorgeous & inspiring!

Wishing you a beautiful gentle birth of your sweet babe who WILL come!

ETA: I can't find the 10-month mama page but here's some of the stories it links to. http://web.archive.org/web/200606150...ree/poppy.html
http://www.motherbaby-collective.com...nt/view/26/52/
http://www.motherbaby-collective.com...nt/view/27/52/

Still looking for that one page though! You'll love it! (and you can link your mom to it, too!)
ugh, I know someone found the page in the waybackmachine a while ago, but I can't find that link for the life of me. Here's some of the info posted though:
http://www.joyousbirth.info/forums/s...ad.php?t=15699

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#81 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 10:05 PM

Freaky! I just linked to the 10 month mama page on another thread for Alenga.
#82 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 10:06 PM

#83 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
My mother doesn't believe me that there have always been 44 week babies... She's just sure all those women have their dates off....
We are absolutely certain in my case. My parents, erm, didn't know each other very well. Apart from the obvious.
#84 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Where the heck is the 10-month pregnancy page? Someone know where it is? We need it posted here now. It's this beautiful page about mamas who birthed their 44+ week babies. It's gorgeous & inspiring!
Here is the entire article, I have it on my desktop, I refer to it so often...

Tips for Ten Month Mamas
-by Leilah McCracken and Gloria Lemay

Tips for Ten Month Mamas -by Leilah McCracken and Gloria Lemay
AVOID SUGAR. This cannot be overstressed- sudden drastic peaks in maternal blood sugar can harm a baby. (I even know of one baby who died in utero after his mom, at 43 weeks with undiagnosed gestational diabetes, ate two ice cream sundaes). Drink no fruit juice either, and avoid the simple sugars found in refined foods, like white flour products. Eat lots of high quality protein foods, and keep your blood iron levels high. Eat lots of dark leafy greens for the nutrients, and to fight constipation. No drugs!!! (Including alcohol and "natural herbals" that are smoked.) Remember to exercise- swimming is best. Exercise has been shown to reduce the likelihood of developing gestational diabetes by HALF. If you can't sleep, use that time to write, draw, paint, look at the night sky- connect with your creative and spiritual side. Remember that the fruit that is taken before it is ripe is hard, bitter, and not able to bear seeds well that will propagate new life. Adding chemicals to ripen fruit leads to an inferior product as well. And when fruit is chemically treated to appear ripe, it tends to rot from the inside (right at the pit) outwards. This bizarre process is like how the effect of induction agents eat right through the posterior fornix of the cervix, causing back wall ruptures of the uterus. Trust in your body, trust in your birth. Nature is brilliant; human minds are flawed. Avoid people who give you fear "vibes"- even your mother. Set your answering machine so your phone only rings once, and give updates in your message, if you like. DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE if you're feeling weak and sad inside- an invitation to callous people to start to hassle you! Connect with other ten month mamas- we are few and far between with the current induction epidemic, but we do exist- and can offer great support to each other. Rest if you want, walk if you want, eat if you want- do what feels right (as long as that doesn't involve chocolate bars). Have lots of orgasms. They are relaxing, and wonderful for preparing your body for birth. Some women like to drink red raspberry leaf tea (I never bother, personally.) For most women, long pregnancies are safer and healthier than labor inductions- which carry far greater risks in and of themselves. If confronted by hostile people, tell them that labor inductions are dangerous, unproven, and put you and your baby at risk of a hazardous cascade of interventions- possibly leading to c-section. Also tell them that your baby is smart enough to pick her own birthday. Remember that your body was smart enough to conceive, and then grow a child beautifully; it is also smart enough to know when it is the right time to give birth. How can you tell your baby is doing well past 40 weeks of pregnancy? Two ways. One: heart rate- and you don't need a fetoscope. Have your partner put his ear to your lower belly with a toilet paper roll- let him move around from place to place to find a good spot. The baby's heart rate, if he is listening carefully and patiently, should be evident. 140-160 beats per minute is good. Two: do the Cardiff fetal movement test. From 9am to 3pm count each of your baby's movements- there should be 10 movements at least in that time frame. by Leilah McCracken

Quotes and Wisdom about Long Pregnancies "Postdates" does not mean "postmature", and ensuring a good outcome "Maternal weight loss is the key: it can tell us if the placenta is beginning to lose function (which causes the baby's rate of growth to slow, and the amniotic fluid to decrease. But as long as the baby is still gaining wieght, and there is plenty of amniotic fluid. then the kids can go a long time over dates. The little bit of weight a kid gains each week after 40 weeks isn't likely to be a factor on birth (rate of growth slows to about 4 - 6 oz a week after 39/40 weeks). A kid who is big at 41 is still going to be big at 43, and that little bit extra won't be a factor then- unless the fit was so tight it would have been a factor earlier. Only in the most rare case is 'size'- by itself- a factor in birth. "But we need to watch kids after 43 weeks. The rate of stillbirth does start to rise- very slowly- after 43 weeks (NOT 'after forty' as some have been taught!). The rate rises more steeply with later dates- post 44, 45. We need to be watchful for signs of dysmaturity. The kid who has little amniotic fluid and is sort of 'shrink wrapped' in the womb may be in big big trouble within a few days, if not hours! He needs to get born! But most kids aren't like that. Most kids do great- and the calendar means nothing to them. Our job as midwives is to find the ones who are getting sick. I've had a good number of moms over the years go to 43 weeks- and a few over that- with no problems. I've also had the occasional kid who had GOOD dates and was on-time, yet looked like the baby we call 'post-dates' (clearly lost weight, little water and meconium stained). "I think we should follow the lead of some texts which advocate using the term 'dysmature' for baby's who show that syndrome- because it can happen at any point, and the great majority of babies who are 'post-dates' are not 'post-mature' or 'dysmature'. The stats point out that less than 10% of babies at 43 completed weeks show any signs of 'post-maturity'." Gail Hart, Midwife, Oregon www.midwiferyeducation.org

Every Mom is different and has varied gestation cycles "Most births that I attend end on their own from 40-42 weeks. I have done a few that were 43-44 weeks. In my opinion, let the Mom go unless there is a cause to intervene, besides the normal, 'I want to have my baby now'. : ) Remembering that two weeks either way of the 'estimated' due date is very normal. Then add that every Mom is different and has varied gestation cycles. Who are we to say in a normal healthy pregnancy: 'you need to have your baby now'? In most cases, it takes a lot of encouragement from me for the moms. As we all know, the last weeks and days feel like forever and when there was still no babe, moms would be very anxious (to have babe in arms). So, lots of encouraging words, lots of humor, and lots of patience!" -Jill Peck-Colin, CPM Las Vegas, NV

Proud Mama Apple Tree, letting her babies grow "Babies really need to 'ripen' in their own way- regardless of whether that fits an arbitrary timetable or not. "Imagine a tree filled with apples. Now we all know that some apples ripen early, many at the same time, some much later- we all know about how one apple will just stay on the tree for days and days- even weeks- after all the others have fallen off. I have personally waited for apples like that- and gently shaking the tree has no effect on getting them to come off. Whacking the apple with a stick would make it fall off... but the apple would not be at its most delectable. So- I wait, and my reward is a sweet, big, juicy apple. "Well hitting the apple to get it off before its ripe time is like inducing a baby because of 'postdates'- making it be born just because other babies mature earlier. And I would rather get hit as a baby than be made to be born before my time, before my systems and brain have 'ripened' to what they need to be for my own optimal health and wellbeing. Induction is a grave insult to the baby. "My own babies are like those apples that take so long to come off. I wait and I wait- and when the time is right, my babies come down to me- as perfect as their internal schedules dictate they should be. And, writing this in my tenth month of my tenth pregnancy, I'm proud to be that strong, healthy mama apple tree- and I will nourish my newest baby as long as he or she needs." -Leilah McCracken, March, 2002

Lots of late babies in her practice "I have a good number of late for dates babies every year and that I find a healthy, well-fed woman usually grows a baby longer, and that's not necessarily all bad. Women just need and want reassurance that it's OK. I've assisted women as late as 43 and 44 weeks at home with no repercussions, but I think it's a good idea to have a good score with a biophysical profile and/or non stress test. I have also seen women birth in hospitals on my L&D unit (years before my midwifery calling) birth that late both fine and not so fine, yet most did birth without a hitch. "Historically, I've heard of fine babies birthed at 10+ calendar months. The Christian missionary Nora Lam from China birthed her son after being in a concentration camp years ago (verified by Chinese doctors at that time) at exactly 12 months. Apparently, it wasn't 'safe'for her to let go of her baby boy during her interment. Once she was allowed to leave, she successfully gave birth to him." -Lynda Sizemore CM, RM, Colorado

Meconium in postdates babies "The philosophy that women should be induced to prevent having a baby with meconium in the amniotic fluid ignores the possibility that the induction causes the passing of meconium. I have seen a lot of late babies in my career. We seem to grow them big and late up here in the Pacific Northwest, just like the trees. I very seldom see meconium in the amniotic fluid of 42 week plus babies. "I associate meconium in the amniotic fluid with smokers (dope or nicotine) in the few cases I do see. Every time a woman smokes a cigarette it has the effect that putting a pillow over the face of a little baby would have. When the baby is getting mature it can evacuate the bowel as a response to oxygen deprivation. You know the expression 'scared the s___ out of him' - when we're scared, smothered or choked we will poop or have diarrhea as a defense. When they used to hang prisoners by the neck, they knew that they would poop once the oxygen was cut off. "The thing about meconium is that it's not really a problem. It's a wake-up sign for the practitioner to watch for distress but it's estimated (don't know by who) that only 10% of the time it is distress. The other 90% of the time it means nothing. So, to induce thinking you're going to prevent it is ridiculous." -Gloria Lemay, Vancouver BC.

Babies mature at their own rate "Some babies take longer to bake. Just think about babies' development after birth: there is great variation in when they reach certain milestones of growth, activity, achievement, etc. Why do we expect them to all mature at the same rate in utero? "I have done a birth for a woman an absolutely-known conception date- she went 42 1/2 wks and had a term-looking baby, clear fluid, lots of vernix. I did a birth for a woman with twins this Spring- Baby #1 weighed 7 lbs and looked full-term. Baby #2 weighed 4 lbs12oz and looked about 35-36 wks. They were born at 39.1 wks. NO QUESTION about any of those conception dates/gestational ages." -Patrice Bobier, Midwife in Michigan

Letting births happen in their own time "There is a sort of chemical 'combination lock' that starts labor. Everything has to be lined up just right to 'unlock' a good labor pattern. When we interfere with that, it can be as frustrating as using the wrong combination of numbers to open a locked safe." -Midwife Gail Hart, Oregon, "The Birthkit", Autumn 2000

Should women be induced when they go "postdates"? "Women in good health (non-smokers, with normal blood pressure, and no history of diabetes) are best left to have the baby by Nature's clock. There is no SAFE induction method." -Gloria Lemay, private birth attendant

Advice for women with long pregnancies "With my last (my 7th) I was in prodomal labour for a good 6 weeks, and she came 4 weeks later than all the rest. She decided to come once I had given up watching and waiting for her. Let yourself relax and do stuff just for you, it may be the last time for quite a while. Enjoy those last little kicks and movements. I missed them almost right after the birth, and feel some regret for not enjoying the last days of pregnancy. It was probably my last." -Jamie

Lovely blossoms open when they're ready "Attending births is like growing roses. You have to marvel at the ones that just open up and bloom at the first kiss of the sun, but you wouldn't dream of pulling open the petals of the tightly closed buds, and forcing them to blossom to your time line. " -Gloria Lemay

From a doctor regarding postmature babies "In the eight years when I practiced homebirths as a registered doctor, out of the 1,190 bookings I had 106 postmature babies (more than 42 weeks) of which three went to 48 weeks, a few more went to 46 weeks, and lots went to 44 weeks- and all these babies fared very well. Of those 106 babies, only one fitted the textbook description of postmaturity, looking like a little wrinkled old man with stained skin, but that baby was extremely alert, and insisted on looking around the room instead of suckling. "What decided me to do no inductions for postmaturity was a very early mother in my homebirth series who refused induction despite my anxiety, went to 44 and a half weeks and gave birth to a chubby pink, strong healthy baby, with absolutely no sign of postmaturity. Babies mature at different rates, not exactly at 40 weeks, just as we adults do not become senile at seventy years." -John Stevenson, MD, "The Birthkit", Autumn 2000 Note that Dr. Stevenson also advises prospective parents to not tell family and friends exact "due dates", but to be vague, with "due seasons" to avoid being pestered by nervous well-wishers.

God Knows Babies "I've come to realize that a God who is big enough to so perfectly form little eyes and ears and a little round nose and a heart and lungs and every single part of a little person is certainly big enough to work out the details of their coming into the world." -Vicki in Mars, PA

About castor oil inductions and impatient midwives "Inducing with castor oil isn't safe. Once swallowed the castor oil is hydrolized by intestinal lipases to recinoleic acid which stimulates intestinal secretion, decreases glucose absorption and increases intestinal motility. Castor oil is used in lipsticks, too. Many women who can tolerate the oil quite well on their lips get a reaction on their mouths if the oil converts to recinoleic acid. My question to a midwife who says castor oil is not absorbed is 'Would you please provide me with references for that statement'. "It's not so long ago that birthing women were given soap suds enemas (high, hot and a helluva lot) because someone started a rumour that soap was not absorbed through the colon. We know this is not true and that this black page in Obstetric history is best forgotten. Too many women have turned from saying 'My doctor says' to saying 'My midwife says'. Take responsibility for your and your family's health. It's fine to respect professionals but ask for references on everything you're not l00 % sure of and use your internet to scope things out. There is so much crap that passes for science without anyone questioning it. "On the subject of all the women in a hurry to get their babies born: I was 3 weeks 'overdue' with my oldest daughter. What really helped me was that I had lunch with a friend at about 8 mos pregnancy. Her son had been born 6 months before. When she saw me walk in the restaurant all hugely pregnant she said 'Oh, Gloria, when I see you I miss my pregnancy so much'. I knew that one day I'd be saying that, too, so I made up my mind to enjoy it as long as possible and I'm so glad I did. Six months from now you'll be wondering what the rush was. I worry about women taking castor oil because you also give your baby castor oil when you take it through the gut. This means the baby will get diarhea and pass mec, too. then you're into all the transports for mec. "The other thing about self-inducing is that you end up with erratic labours that stop and start and are difficult to complete. I just attended a Coroner's inquest here into the death of a full term baby girl. The midwife stripped membranes and got the woman into labour but she had no urge to push. She was in second stage a long time and then her perineum wouldn't stretch. They cut an episiotomy to get the baby out. Baby had bleeding in the brain and only breathed on life support. Later, Mom's placenta had to be manually removed because it wouldn't come out. It seemed to me that this woman's body wasn't ready to give birth and that the membrane stripping caused an emergency response in her body that produced dilation but eventually wore off. "Bottom line: be patient with your little babes and yourself." -Gloria Lemay

A cervix isn't made "ripe" by induction drugs or Foley catheters "I recommend using caution with language and question the use of the word 'ripening' to describe the process of irritating the mother's body by inserting a foreign object. This should properly and descriptively be called 'Foley catheter invasion and irritation'. Prostaglandin gels applied to the cervix should be more honestly described as 'chemically altering the consistency of the cervix'. THERE IS NO RIPENING HAPPENING WITH EITHER OF THESE METHODS. "Midwives have used the term ripening to describe a NATURAL process of the cervical changes of late pregnancy. We take a word from the plant kingdom because it is similar to the slow, harmonious process that happens to a plum as it turns from green and hard to darker and darker purple, soft, mushy and sweet. If one puts a whole bunch of plums in a box when they are green and hard and sprays them with chemicals, it is possible that in a few days they will look like dark purple ripe fruit. However, one taste will tell you that Nature had nothing to do with the end product. "Let's not fool ourselves in birth either. This whole hospital induction thing has got to stop. Whatever area we work in we can call these invasions by their proper names- irritation and chemical altering. Lying about what's going on perpetuates the practice." -Gloria Lemay *

The studies show that labor induction leads to c-sections, shoulder dystocia, and instrumental deliveries. The baby will say when it's time to be born "Birth is more than a cervix opening and a uterus squeezing a baby out. It's more than the nuts and bolts mechanics of a baby exiting a vagina- there is such a complex dance of physiological, emotional, mental, and spiritual elements involved in birth. And when this balance is thrown off, distressing things begin to happen with the baby. "When a baby chemically announces to her mother that it's time for the birth- and many people believe that the signal to begin the birth process comes from the baby- she does it when her body systems are strong, and ready to meet the extra-uterine world. She will not instigate the birth process when her lungs and digestive systems are still immature... and even a few days of maturity will make the difference for a baby's maturity and ableness to survive. "It is the height of human arrogance to dictate birth- time, mode, speed- to a baby. They have their own needs and innate demands (as in length of birth process); there is no "one size fits all" in birth. It is crucial that this is respected- especially by mothers! We must learn to respect our babies at birth- the most important, crucial event of their lives. The events surrounding birth last a lifetime... as does the respect and dignity a mother learns to give her child." -Leilah McCracken
#85 of 126 Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Yay! Way to go everyone on that 10-month mama page! It's just SO good!!!

I forgot to add that quite a few of my aunts had 43-45 week babies. They were all plump & perfect... holding their heads up by themselves at birth and all.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#86 of 126 Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I forgot to add that quite a few of my aunts had 43-45 week babies. They were all plump & perfect... holding their heads up by themselves at birth and all.
This totally reminds me of how great my DS was when he was born past 42 weeks--he was SO strong and healthy! He held his head up, tracked with his eyes, had great core strength, completely skipped the "newborn" size clothes. . .it was cool because as a first-time mom I didn't feel like I was going to "break" him when I held him and also because everybody kept telling me how "advanced" he was--I was like, yeah, 'cause he's like a month old by now (if we adjust for gestation age in preemies how 'come not post'ies?)

And, nobody believes me but he ROLLED OVER at 3 days old--on the doctor's exam table for his 3-day checkup. It was incredible. The ped. just looked at me like, did he actually just do that?! Neither one of us were really even holding on to him because who expects a 3-day old to do that?! Since then he's hit all his physical milestones early. So I think the extra almost-3 weeks I gave him let him develop properly.

Just take heart in looking forward to your sturdy little ripe fruit that you won't have to handle with kid gloves
#87 of 126 Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Wishing you a beautiful gentle birth of your sweet babe who WILL come!

ETA: I can't find the 10-month mama page but here's some of the stories it links to. http://web.archive.org/web/200606150...ree/poppy.html
http://www.motherbaby-collective.com...nt/view/26/52/
http://www.motherbaby-collective.com...nt/view/27/52/

Still looking for that one page though! You'll love it! (and you can link your mom to it, too!)
ugh, I know someone found the page in the waybackmachine a while ago, but I can't find that link for the life of me. Here's some of the info posted though:
http://www.joyousbirth.info/forums/s...ad.php?t=15699
Thanks reading now. Just what I needed tonight.

-Angela
#88 of 126 Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette View Post
We are absolutely certain in my case. My parents, erm, didn't know each other very well. Apart from the obvious.

Yeah... just my mom for you. If it doesn't fit her world-view it doesn't exist...

-Angela
#89 of 126 Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBeth0000 View Post
And, nobody believes me but he ROLLED OVER at 3 days old--on the doctor's exam table for his 3-day checkup. It was incredible. The ped. just looked at me like, did he actually just do that?! Neither one of us were really even holding on to him because who expects a 3-day old to do that?! Since then he's hit all his physical milestones early. So I think the extra almost-3 weeks I gave him let him develop properly.

Just take heart in looking forward to your sturdy little ripe fruit that you won't have to handle with kid gloves

I believe you! My dd rolled over at 30 minutes old... I was like what the HECK was that!

-Angela
#90 of 126 Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 AM

my dd was august 2, my dd was born naturally and normally, 8lbs, 15 oz, on august 23 we all joke she really wanted to a be a virgo!
hang in there mama!

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page