Question about Position of Cervix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-07-2003, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 37 weeks and have been having bouts of 'false' labor. My MW came to my house today for our appointment, I asked her if she thought there was any value in doing a pelvic. She told me that she didn't need to do one for herself but would be happy to do one if it would help me in any way. Since I had intense false labor this past Friday I decided to go ahead and have her check me. She found my cervix to be anterior, a stretchy 2 cm and 50% effaced. Now, this is #4 for me and I know that I could be 2cm for weeks. I was curious about the cervical position being anterior rather than posterior. I know that usually the cervix turns anterior before birth but is there a time table for that?
I'm not in a big hurry and am confident that this little one will come when he or she is ready, I'm just curious.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#2 of 4 Old 10-08-2003, 11:31 PM

Hi
Sorry I dont have an answer for you.......I just didn't know you were
pg! AND for you to be almost delivering! Man am I out of it!
Good luck on your birth!

(btw~i deleted out your other threads here)
#3 of 4 Old 10-08-2003, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
the cervix moves in late pregnancy and in early labor. An anterior cervix means that it's typically well applied to baby's head and that it's a more positive sign that your body during that "false labor" did some important work!

Never doubt the ability of your body - I doubt your "false labor" was "false" at all - it obviously did some things!

A posterior cervix is one that is found behind the baby's head. A midline cervix is one that is not posterior, but has yet to move forward.
#4 of 4 Old 10-16-2003, 02:34 PM

With this baby (#3) my cervix became anterior about a week before SROM, two days after SROM I had Morrigan. so a total of about 10 days all told. Mine moved to tha anterior position when I had a weekend long bout of "false labor" too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page