Do you say anything mean in labor? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 06-21-2008, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought of one. I had a really annoying red cross person who talked to me during contractions. She was obviously uncomfortable being around a naked, moaning, and laboring woman. So to deal with her own discomfort she asked her questions louder Or maybe she was trying to be heard above my moaning. My dh tried to get her to be quiet but I think she had her eyes fixed on her clipboard so she didn't see his frantic gestures to get her to shut up.

To get her to shut up I said "I have to push" I didn't feel an overwhelming urge to push but I felt glee at watching her eyes pop out of her head. The OB checked me and dclared I wasn't dilated enough to push yet. So they let red cross lady grill me more. oh, yay.

I guess that's as mean as I got.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#92 of 93 Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 AM

Quote:
- and lots of just plain swearing (including in German - and I am not German)

And best of all, while I was pushing I yelled "I'm going to kill you all!" at the three of them!
Oh my- this just had me spluttering my muesli everywhere. FUNNIEST thing I have read in a long time.
I'm picturing some kind of excorsist scene here.
Your daughter is gorgeous and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her name!

I don't think I was particularly mean- more like pathetic really
I was in a very mainstream hospital on my back the entire time "tethered" to the bed by a miraid of wires and monitors (completely healthy pregnancy and labour by the way- I was just uninformed and bullied) with nurses standing at the end of the bed "tsk-tsk"ing me saying "what, so early and you can't TOLERATE?" (I was at 4cm after 12 hours of contractions 5 mins apart)

I was so overwhelmed, scared and in agony (they wouldn't "let me" get up and walk) all I could manage was writhing around and sobbing and hiccuping and begging for my Husband.:
Husbands are not allowed to be with labouring women here until the pushing stage.
Needless to say- at some point I started begging for an epidural which led to stalled labour which led to oxygen levels dropping in DS's blood = "emergency" c-section.

I know better now.
#93 of 93 Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 AM

I want to thank everyone of you lovely ladies!!! I am not in any way making light of your pain (I will be joining you in just a few short days if this child ever decides to it’s ready to come out), but your stories had me laughing out loud at 4 am in the morning!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page