Extremely low cervix post partum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NAK

Does anyone else have an extremely low cervix post partum?
TMI I guess, but it is at the entrance of my vagina. I really couldn't find anything via google. I tried talking to my midwife but she just said do kegel's, they have not helped. Does anyone else have this? And is it normal?
BTW I am three months post partum, and had an easy home birth.
My husband and I wish to resume a sex life, and its so low, we really can't.

TIA

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

#2 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It sounds like a prolapse.

In bygone days, a pessary used to be used for this...

more...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessary

and http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000501/2719.html

Ultimately, your kegels are going to do the job for you, but in the meantime, maybe a fitting with a pessary or diagphram will support your internal organs. it is important to get this under control because you can get your cervix or uterus exposed and infected with things you do not need.

I hope everything goes back to normal for you real soon.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#3 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It sounds like a prolapse.

In bygone days, a pessary used to be used for this...

more...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessary

and http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000501/2719.html

Ultimately, your kegels are going to do the job for you, but in the meantime, maybe a fitting with a pessary or diagphram will support your internal organs. it is important to get this under control because you can get your cervix or uterus exposed and infected with things you do not need.

I hope everything goes back to normal for you real soon.

I read about it, but thought since it was my first baby it wasn't that.

Does this mean I go to my midwife or a gyn?

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

#4 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 09:11 PM

You need to be doing pelvic tilt exercises along with the kegels. You can Google it if you're not familiar with how to do pelvic tilts.
#5 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
You need to be doing pelvic tilt exercises along with the kegels. You can Google it if you're not familiar with how to do pelvic tilts.
Thank you.
I just talked to my midwife because I got freaked out.
She said the same thing, Pelvic Tilts, Kegels, and rest with my hips up when I can.

AHHH. I'm freaked out!
I'm 20, had an easy labor, I'm chubby, but not obese, it was my first baby.

Thank you though.

#6 of 9 Old 07-05-2008, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameXCupcake View Post

I read about it, but thought since it was my first baby it wasn't that.

Does this mean I go to my midwife or a gyn?
I do not know. Ask your midwife for a referral. That is what I would do.

And s I am sure this is not fun.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#7 of 9 Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 PM

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#8 of 9 Old 07-06-2008, 12:07 AM

There is a support group on here for Pelvic Organ Prolapse... I'll see if I can find the link for you in a minute. It can happen on the first birth, and it can improve a lot, so try not to freak out. I've been there... no information or support makes it worse. You don't necessarily need a pessary. My cervix was pretty low for a long time... It did finallly go back up to the normal position. Hormones help too. After I got pregnant and my uterus was heavy, it dropped back down a bit, but after doing the right exercises I'm doing a lot better again. My favorite one that my doula told me about is the knees/chest position. Basically you get on your hands and knees, but let your chest drop as close to the floor as possible. You want to get into a position where you can feel things pulling back up into place. It feels great. Do kegels at the same time. She also showed me another where you can scoot up against a wall, prop up your hips, legs going up the wall... kind of hard to describe, but it also uses gravity to help reposition. I don't do it as often because I don't think I'm doing it right. Since I can really feel things moving with the other one I spend my time doing it. Look at diagrams of the uterus... Envision it getting back into the position tipped forward toward your pubic bone. If things are "falling" it's probably tipping back and descending into the vagina a bit. The knees/chest exercise in particular helps tilt it back into the right spot!

Okay, found the link:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=713732

Another great site is
www.wholewoman.com - It reminds me that good posture is important.

I think some people have luck with a physical therapist that specializes in this, however, I had enough trouble getting my OBGYN to tell me more than "do kegels", "old women have that problem", and "I'm glad I had c-sections with my kids" that I pretty much gave up on the medical route and did my own research.

Mama to DD 9.06 / DD 1.09 and DS 6.10 born at home
#9 of 9 Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Mama-mana is so right! Do everything she said!

I had this with DS, my first, I thought I was crazy, but that's the way it was. It did improve significantly, and IMO, I ended up with better tone to my Kegels than before the pg! And sex got back to better than before too!

Be patient with yourself!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page