Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Deleted because my post was meant to be a PM
#122 of 123 Old 12-26-2003, 11:41 AM

Cynthia--I'm not sure what to say. I'm very excited that we were finally heard. I think it a sneaky way to do it too...but I like it. That way you get an honest viewing of how many issues we do have to discuss. Anyway, I'm glad the decision has been made...I have so many questions!!

Ok, now a post for myself...hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

We will have a tentative c/b date of 2/8/04 (I still have to schedule it). Dh have discussed it and if our baby has not made an appearance by 41 weeks I will have a repeat. I talked to the ob and she said that they love vbac moms. However, she wanted me to be aware that if I am visibly in labor for more than 8 hours and I have stalled out in pregression that they will siggest a repeat. Dh and I discussed it and we believe that if my body stalls out we will agree to a repeat but it will probably be in less than 8 hours.

They prefer repeat moms to not have a trial of labor but they will allow me to.

We are much happier here because at any point in labor or before I can change my mind and jsut have the repeat. I did not have this option at the birthing cener or with the midwives. Well, I did but then my care would be immediately turned over to an ob, whom I have never met.

So, we are much much happier where we are!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#123 of 123 Old 12-27-2003, 06:18 PM

I'm too soooo happy that a C/S forum has been granted. I would like to
thank you for being patient in your wait. There have been several threads asking about a c/s subforum and I have done my best in asking to just wait and see what progresses with Peggy's decision.

I must say that I am disappointed in some of the recent posts made here.
This thread was supposed to be a c/s support thread; not what it turned out to be. Though you were not aware of Peggy's pending decision, you were aware that it was still being considered (via other threads). In the future, please ask and discuss such personal issues through the PM system. This forum is owned by Mothering magazine and deserves the respect it gives it's members and subscribers.

Cynthia has asked for some editing. Many User Agreements and Policies have been violated. These were the policies you agreed to follow when you signed on with MDC:
1- Posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, namecalling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.

6- Posting to debate or criticize the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification may be sent through the Private Message feature or by email to the moderator or administrator.

7- Posting to discuss the behavior of a member or members on the board, or to criticize another discussion on the boards. Such issues should be directed to the moderator or administrator privately and not made a subject of discussion in a thread.

Now, on to a happy note!!!! Let's all be excited for a c/s forum.
A safe place for us to discuss and support each other and the future moms of c/birth babies!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page