Did anybody have a complicated csection with bad adhesions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a csection in early June (my second) my first ended up in a necessary csection after a wonderful natural labor - sadly my 9lb baby was really badly asynclytic and after late decels while we were trying to get him to come out we decided to go with a csection. My second baby was an unmedicated VBAC (although we lost that baby a week after birth due to a cord prolapse). Anwyay with this second csection (necessary again due to my daugther being transverse and in an unstable lie - going from oblique to transverse and breech) I had a lovely birth and a great experience, my wishes were followed to a tee. However the csection was complicated due to adhesions that had grown veins in them. My uterus was stucked to my bladder and it was just a mess apparently. It took 30 min of the doctor carefully going around to get the baby and then an hour to get me back together - ended up with 1500 cc blood loss and a blood transfusion two days later. The first few hours after the csection my bladder was not putting out enough urine... but thankfully that resolved that first day... anyway... all in all a mess although a lovely birth.
The recovery was awful and here I am wondering if anybody has been through something similar and whether they went on to have more children.
Ideally we would like to have one more - but truth is I am scared to go through that again. Although I was not in imminent danger at any point and the situation was very well managed and controlled by my OB it was traumatic for me. My OB and my midwife both agree that It would be ok for me to have another one but that we would want to plan a csection - reason being that if I attempted labor and there was an emergency we would have not had time to get the baby out due to the ahesions. That could repeat or hopefully be better next time thanks to the repair that the doctor did and the
separafilm that he put in there to prevent more adhesions..

Anyway just wanted to see if I was the only one. I am thankful for the csection because obviously I feel very strongly that it was necessary and after a loss due to a cord prolapse I am very thankful to have a healthy baby in my arms. Never understood that before well enough but here I am contemplating the future and I would love to hear from others that have been in similar situations.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page