#1 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 04:00 PM

Yes, I know what you mean. I wish I could do it over and over again too and just the birth of my own kids. It is one of the most beautifull things in the world and I had just awesome births....great experiences
#3 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 04:56 PM

YES- we had such a wonderful experience, we want to do it again!
#4 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 05:59 PM

Oh yes!! I LOVE giving birth!! I love the feeling of being in labor, pushing, holding that baby the first time...ALL OF IT!!! Especially now after having a home/water birth...I REALLY want to do it again!

I don't want to do it again for the sole reason of giving birth..I really do want another child. In my heart I don't feel our family is complete yet.
#5 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 10:17 PM

I'm also looking forward to my next birth. The first was so empowering, and I don't remember it hurting that much (those crazy endorphins!). I worry, though, that I'm blocking out the bad parts to an extent that the next one will be a real shocker--am I remembering it being better than it really was, and am I setting myself up for disappointment when the next one hurts? Rhetorical questions.. but that's what I worry about.

I know what you mean, though. I can't wait to do it again!
#6 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The home page for Mothering Magazine had an article about this.

The Greeks have a word for it.

"Chronos" is the Greek word for time; the word "chronological" comes from it.

"Krainos" is a Greek word for time, but a point in time that will never be again. Birth is such a moment. You can only birth that babe once, and it is wonderful that you feel so elated and up!

The next baby will have its own "krainos"; a point in time that is very unique.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#7 of 21 Old 11-02-2003, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ceramae, I think you should give birth to babydoll's next baby.
#8 of 21 Old 11-03-2003, 06:32 PM

Haha I just ran across this but it is a good idea. Will you? I would do it myself if I could...
#9 of 21 Old 11-03-2003, 06:41 PM

I miss giving birth in a different way. It was such a feeling of overwhelming emotions and being able to trust nature and my body and such a mental test to let go of what I wanted to do, with every single contraction. It was the closest I think I've ever felt to my dh, both times. I miss the rush after it's over, and the high that remains for a few days. And seeing this new person emerge from inside. Oh I miss it.
But I can't see myself ever doing it again. Especially since dh had a vasectomy....
#10 of 21 Old 11-03-2003, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

oops. double post
#11 of 21 Old 11-03-2003, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

#12 of 21 Old 11-04-2003, 12:21 AM

I would rather do it myself. I had a c-sec and even thought everything went fine and the time when I had her was the happiest of my life - I don't have the drive to do it again like you do (I wish I did). I might if I had had a natural birth like you did. Thank your lucky stars- i might not have any more children because my fear of c-sec birth.
#13 of 21 Old 11-04-2003, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

#14 of 21 Old 11-11-2003, 03:24 AM

Not that I loved being in labor, but I do feel like I missed out on having a "good" labor. I really wanted to go without the epidural with my second labor, but I got stuck at 8cm for 3 hours and they told me I'd need pitocin so I opted to get the epidural. I've regretted it ever since. So, I long for another child and another birth. My dh doesn't want anymore children so I don't know if I'll ever get my chance. There is something about knowing that even though the pain is sometimes unbearable, that a life is coming because of it. I don't know... just makes me smile.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
#15 of 21 Old 11-11-2003, 04:34 AM

yes, i loved it too. the feeling of being outside of time, and being a part of the the ebb and flow of the sun, the moon, the ocean, llife, that was amazing. i felt so serene and beautiful. ripe. like the peach about to fall from the tree.
of course, when i was growling curses and howling and rocking my pelvis in fullon back labor, and my dd's head delivered SIDEWAYS, that was not so nice....

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#16 of 21 Old 11-15-2003, 11:49 PM

Yes I do. Everyday, I try to remember my dd's births. I wish I could do it all over again. I would change some things, but most importantly, I would just love to have that feeling again... So much pain, but so much joy at the same time. And the feeling you get when you're pushing them out. I'm so sad it's over
#17 of 21 Old 11-17-2003, 12:43 PM

I'm in the minority, but no, I don't miss it one bit. I would like to have more kids, but am not doing so because of pregnancy and birth. My back hurt, I had terrible sciatic and hip pain, and labor/birth was painful, and I injured my pelivs when my last baby came out. No no no never again! But, the part i do miss, is when the baby is just out and you are holding them for the first time.... awwwwwwwww.....

I am a doula now, and can enjoy and experience OTHER people's births!

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#18 of 21 Old 11-19-2003, 02:32 PM

Yes yes yes! I am in love with birth. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever felt physically. Okay, sure, it was painful too. I had excruciating back labor all three times. But the minutes before and after the baby emerged were worth all that. I wish I could hold onto that feeling forever. How to explain it? I don't know. It's like trying to explain orgasm to someone who's never had one. It's just this really incredible sensation. It is in fact analogous to having sex or being in love. Glorious. Ecstatic. Powerful. Beautiful. The most compelling thing imaginable. That's what it was like for my baby to come down through me.

I don't talk about it often because people just do not get it. I mean, they're like, "oh that's nice that you have such a good experience," not understanding that it's beyond that and I'm not exaggerating.

This was possible for me only because I had complete privacy and was therefore able to get into a mental/spiritual place where I could be aware of it. My biggest regret about my last birth is that someone came in after the birth and took me right out of that place. If I ever give birth again I'm going to make sure we are not disturbed.
#19 of 21 Old 11-19-2003, 04:34 PM

I totally agree will all of you. I had a great birth experience if though it wasn't the one I really wanted. I wanted a completely natural birth...and instead I got an epi. I was afraid because things were moving so quickly that I would want one at transition and they wouldn't give one. The baby was facing the wrong way and the dr. had to use forceps...so I'm glad I chose the epi. Through it all it was still beautiful. I loved the entire pregnancy...and when I finally was in labor (a week overdue) I was so happy. I was scared, though...I wasn't afraid the whole pg. but by the time I had to push I was a little nervous. I really miss being pregnant and knowing a little baby is waiting to come out...

Alex
#20 of 21 Old 11-23-2003, 07:45 PM

Oooooh yes I think about it all the time. The first post partum weeks, when my tear was healing, I wasn't ready to do it again. But after I started feeling better, I was happily looking forward to another unmedicated birth.

Yesterday was DS's 8 month birthday and it was a Saturday, just like the night he was born. As DH, DS, and I went to bed for the night, I held DS and closed my eyes, visualizing that night. It's a swirl of images and sensations, some tense, others joyful. Having a baby is such a gift!!!

I definitely crave labor and delivery. I wish I could have 10 more kids.
#21 of 21 Old 11-24-2003, 04:47 PM

I try to relive my birth every chance I get. I definately want more kids, but in like two or three years. Only, I don't want to wait that long for the birth.

I do have about 80 photos that were taken during the birth and I love looking at them. I wish there were more people I could share them with. Most of my real world friends think of birth as a necessary evil and recomend "narcotics all the way." They didn't want to hear about the birth, let alone see the photos.

I can really understand how people become "birth junkies." I'm so thankfull there is a place like this to share our joy in the single most empowering and spiritual event in our lives.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page