Pelvic Organ Prolapse question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-06-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 6 weeks postpartum and just had the courage to look "down there" since being frightened at about 3 weeks postpartum when I looked last. I'm devastated to see a huge, fleshy tissue inside my vagina which, incidentally my vagina looks like a huge cavity - nothing resembling "normal." This is what I saw at 3 weeks but thought it was just massive swelling still from the vaginal birth - it felt then like a big tampon was sitting really low & was at times difficult to urinate. I hadn't looked since, telling myself that I was going to give myself proper time to heal before jumping to conclusions and getting myself upset (advice from my doctor). Urinating has become easier (was only a bit blocked-feeling for a few days and since it went away, I didn't think much of it) and I don't feel the low tampon sensation so much, but that could be that I've grown accustomed to the feeling perhaps?

I'm 31, fit and had a healthy pregnancy - could I have POP? Moreover, my birth was relatively quick and easy - was induced with pitocin and pushed my baby girl out in just 5 contractions (in 25 minutes). I had a small tear in the inner layer of the vagina which required 4 stitches, but no tear in my perineum. I've done some internet research since I can't get in for my postpartum check up until Tuesday, and have been a crying mess all morning as it sounds like POP. Something HAS to be done...I couldn't have intercourse now if I wanted to due to the large "mass" in my vagina. Is surgery needed to look & feel normal again? I saw that in some cases a hysterectomy is needed! Have I misdiagnosed myself and is it potentially normal to still look really "not normal" down there at 6 weeks and/or to still be really swollen? Apart from what feel like internal hemroids, I've felt great for the most part until now...positive, energentic, in good physical condition (so I thought).

Help - somebody please shed some light for me! I'd be grateful for any advice offered, however brief, to confirm or suggest otherwise to my POP concern.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't be afraid to call your doctor or midwife.....that's what they are there for........a friend of mind found out that her ob had actually left guaze under some stitching.....(not really sure how the OB missed it......but it took the mom weeks to realize there was a problem)

good luck

broc1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page