EWCM and sore breasts at 2 months PP? Ovulating already?!? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-09-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Could I seriously be ovulating already? Sorry if TMI, but I had SERIOUS ewcm, lol. My boobs have been sore for a few days as well. With DD I didn't ovulate until 15 months PP. I am exclusively nursing, and on demand. The only difference is that DS gets more bottles of BM than DD did simply for the fact that he will take a bottle, so Dh feeds him sometimes. Usually a bottle a day. I do pump though to make up for the feeding.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's technically possible, especially since you're pumping -- even though not much. But pumping just isn't as effective as nursing and it's possible that little bit could be throwing things off just enough. And some mamas do get their cycles back on track despite EBFing, even sans pumping.

The only thing I can think of that you might try is exclusively nursing without pumping for a few weeks and see if that has an effect. But it boils down to which is easier/better for you really: continuing as you're going with the one pumping/bottle and risk being fertile, or skip the bottle feed and hope that delays ov once more.

If I were you, I'd wait two weeks and see if AF comes, honestly. But I'm all about "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach and see no harm in continuing the routine you have, since it's working for you and your family, unless you're really wanting to put off ovulation longer.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and whatever happens, mama.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 4 Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You seriously could. An acquaintance of mine had babies 10 months apart, so it's certainly possible. Not sure if there's anything to be done about it at this point, or whether anything needs to be done, though.

#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You could be, sure. Actually, I've had three instances of serious EWCM, each a few weeks apart, but no period yet. That's really had me scratching my head.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page