C-Section Mommas... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question for you about my lower abdomen. Okay, I now have the horrid pooch after 3 babies and, I'll admit, less than stellar exercise habits. The bottom portion of my abdomen feels odd. Sort of half-way numb and still feels sore at times. Is this "normal"? They still hurt a bit if I sneeze (which is soooo great right now with my allergies!! ) and when I attempted to begin doing crunches/sit-ups this morning, to try to get rid of said pooch, and I could only do 1 because it still felt sore. On Sunday (very late Sunday) I will be 13 weeks PP... Another note, my incision site itself isn't sore any longer unless I were to push on it (which I accidentally did when I leaned against the bathroom counter the other day when I hd something in my eye! LOL But, obviously, I am not pshing on it all the time! Ha ha ha). Also, my doctor said that she had to take out and put back my uterus 6 times due to bleeds. (She jokingly told me I won the prize! She had never had someone with that many before! LOL) Could this lead to why I am still sore?

TIA, mommas!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2008, 05:15 PM

Honestly I think mine is still healing after 2 years, only 13 weeks PP I totally had weird feelings. I was numb for quite awhile, now I just itch.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
Old 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM

I don't consider myself terribly vain, but after one vag birth and one c-section - I wish they had performed an abdominoplasty. I have this horrid stomach pooch after the section that I never had after my first delivery. :

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 PM

It's normal. Give it more time and you'll get more used to it and be less bothered.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Yeah I'm going with normal, too.

I'm not really an exercise junkie either (I've had two c-sections). What worked for me was starting with just sort of sucking in a bit and holding it as long as I could (all day would be ideal....). Sit ups is a tough way to start in I think. You could also try just sitting on an exercise ball while you are watching tv or on the computer. I'd be working my way up to sit ups. I think belly dance helped suck things back up too.

Oh...and...not to be the bearer of bad news...but while my stomach muscles did go back to somewhere near normal the skin did not...so I still had a pooch. I'm kind of scared to see what things are going to look like after this baby (won't be another c-section if I have anything to say about it!). My last c-section was 4 and a half years ago and I still have numbness on the scar....I don't expect it will ever go away.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 AM

I had my 3rd c-section last year and remember feeling like everything on the inside had been bruised. If you think about it, everything probably was bruised given all that they take out, manuver, etc.

I too tried to do sit ups within a couple weeks and although it wasn't incredibly painful, I would bleed a lot for the next day or two. I assumed that that was my body telling me it wasn't ready so held off. Now it's a year later and I'm simply out of the habit!
Old 10-25-2008, 05:48 PM

I've had two sections. The first time, the weird numbness took about 10 months to get better, and the occasional itchiness or mild soreness lasted about 7 months. This time around, the pain only last about a month, but the weird numbness still hasn't gotten any better and I'm almost 2 years postpartum.

And I have a terrible pooch. That's a side effect of twins as much as the section, though.

Give it time. If you're sore, it's too early for any major abdominal exercise.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif

User Tag List