Tell me about your walking epidural - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-18-2003, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so for the 400th time...I'm vbac but I'm writing up a birth plan incase of another c/b.

Have you had a walking epidural? I just had a regualr eipdural with my c/b so I'm not sure on them walking one.

What did you think of it?

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#2 of 3 Old 11-21-2003, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OK, I haven't had it, but often what happens is when I reply to a thread like this that hasn't had any replies, then suddenly more people start to reply who have experience and know what you are talking about. So let's see if it happens here!

From what I've heard, walking epidurals are not used in c-births. They are for moms who like the idea of an epi but are concerned about being immobilized. But people also say that it's more of a "shuffling epidural" - or, don't get one if you truly want to walk around.
#3 of 3 Old 11-22-2003, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For my csection I got what is considered a walking epidural. I had the cath put in a dose of the epi in my cath, I continued to get doses through the cath during the csection. I could still move my legs and while they were carving me like a fish joked that I could move my feet (and that they were cold!) During the csection of course I was receiving a larger dose of the medicine but once I hit recovery I did not. I had the cath left in and I had medicine delivered into my spine through the cath at timed intervals. I also had a patient control button to hit to give me a little extra if I needed it. With this I was totally free to move around the bed, stand, sit up, etc. free of pain. I will swear on my babies heads that i had no pain and I had my full mental faculties. Right before they took the cath out they gave me a good dose and they pulled it out. I felt a little number than I had the past 17 hours since my csection but I was able to walk to the bathroom and pee. I also was able to get a shower and wash my hair, pain free.

Kim

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page