Introduction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all, I look forward to chatting with you.

I'm here because I find myself unexpectedly pregnant with a 3rd child. We're a mixture of excited and anxious right now. I've not had straight forward pregnancies before and the 2nd delivery was a disaster area! If this was just about having another child, I'd be fine, but right now I'm living in fear of symphysis pubis pain, which I had from about 30 weeks with #1 and 21 weeks with #2 and worse after delivery.

We're currently booked with local midwives and undecided about home or birth centre. However we still need to do a lot of thinking, research, obtaining opinions etc. as it may well be better to opt for a c-section. The first delivery is not really representative as he was an IUGR baby, weight 5lb13oz and had very enlarged fontanelles, so there was some pretty extreme head moulding going on.

#2 was 8lb8oz, persistant posterior presentation and with normal size fontanelles, that head barely moulded at all as she made her way through. To get her through, I ended up with a dislocated hip, a possible rupture of the symphysis pubis ligament (it was very damaged if it wasn't ruptured) and somekind of soft tissue damage to the sacro iliac area that was still visibly swollen 6 months after delivery.

So I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of talking as we have a big decision to make in the next 7 months, I'm spot on 8 weeks now, due on 14th June.

Cheers
Anne

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09

User Tag List