My friend lost her baby. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in a group on myspace. Now I've been a part of this mommy group for 2yrs. Anyways we're all pretty close and a few of us have even met!
Well one of the mama's was 21 weeks pregnant and ecstatic..I mean who would'nt be? She had a loss right before this pregnancy at about 12 weeks I do believe. Well last night she had to deliver her son Sean at 21 weeks, sadly he did not make it. My heart aches so badly for her! Her family..everyone involved. It seems so UNFAIR of ANY mother to ever have to lose her precious baby. I so badly want to do something for her to let her know I care. I am friends with a couple parents who are parents of Angels. I plan on contacting them to see what I can do. I also plan on sending a card, what should the card say? Should I send flowers, a keepsake box, pendent for a necklace? I just have this knot in my throat and feel so strongly for her. I have lost an angel at 6 weeks and 12 weeks myself at a very young age. I think this is why I want to reach out so badly. I also know that most mama's want to talk, want you to acknowlege their precious angels. How would I bring this up..in time, immediately? I know that I'll most likely have to be the one to bring it up..or no? I just want to be as supportive as possible...even online. Thanks for any advice. And please remember Precious Angel Baby Sean today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 AM

You're right, it is unfair.

I think any of your ideas sound fine, she will be grateful just to have her son acknowledged. Remember his birthday and when her due date rolls around let her know you are thinking of her.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#3 of 3 Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Sean

Poor baby... they're so very very tiny and perfect then...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.

If you send a card, personalize it. Write a note in there. Tell her how heartbroken you are for her, that you love her and are there for her, no matter what, that you won't forget her or her son, now or a year from now or ten.

Some memento or memory-token would be nice. A necklace, pin, pendant. Something tangible she could wear close to her heart.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page