now i'm wondering - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i took another leftover test earlier today and it is showing up more positive than last nights test. if this is a chemical, how long does it take for the hcg to leave my body? i'm just...confused. i had some spotting earlier, and a little crampy, but now i am fine and it's gone. i'm not necessarily holding out hope, but i have been reading up on it and from some of the girls on here say they got a faint and then tested the next day and the line was gone? mines not?

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#2 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_paez View Post
i took another leftover test earlier today and it is showing up more positive than last nights test. if this is a chemical, how long does it take for the hcg to leave my body? i'm just...confused. i had some spotting earlier, and a little crampy, but now i am fine and it's gone. i'm not necessarily holding out hope, but i have been reading up on it and from some of the girls on here say they got a faint and then tested the next day and the line was gone? mines not?
Can you get a blood test and an HCG count?

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#3 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

i probably could, but i'm in spain and i just i guess want to see what happens, if it is a lost preg then i can accept that, but otherwise i just don't want to be in the er which is the only place they can see me here (because i'm from the states). in 4 weeks i'll be back in MI, so if the tests continues to darken i will get my testing done then i suppose. i am just so lost with everything else going on that i don't want to see my hcg levels going down...i like that small glimmer of hope.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM

thinking of you

momma to my girls (9) (7) (4) (3) (7m) &
my little ones held only in my heart 4/12-17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
#5 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM

You could still be showing as pregnant at this point, I think, even if you have miscarried. But let me say also that when I was pregnant with my dd, I had some very earlier implantation bleeding and I also had cramping I'd say almost throughout my pregnancy, cramping that felt very much like the onset of my period. Dd was normal, healthy, carried to term

I also miscarried last year and I had unmistakable cramping, quite painful, and of course passed lots of blood and clotting. I was about ten weeks along.

You are in my thoughts. I hope that everything is okay, and that no matter what, you find strength and peace of mind. Please keep us updated.

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
#6 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 PM

Honestly, sweetie, I would see a doctor. You're so emotionally fraught right now that it could be the reason for your bleeding, and if you're having this positive test and the baby could be saved, you will in the future look back and would want to know you'd done all you could.

With my placental abruption, stress was the main factor. With you experiencing so much stress right now, I'd totally see it if you were bleeding this way. It could even be a lost twin!

So my advice would be to see a doctor. You never know, this could be it for you. You're so in my thoughts right now hun, seriously. I've been through a divorce myself, and a very bad relationship (several times) and I know just how unbelievably stressful that can be. If this pregnancy is viable, honestly, it might actually be something other than what is going on in your marriage to focus on.

Take CARE of yourself mama. We may be far away but we CARE about you!

*HUGE, enormous hugs* little mama XXXXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page