Mothering Forum banner

Strange happening

476 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mamacita angelica 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 3 year copper iud (Nova T) which was inserted last year. I am currently nursing my 1 year old and found out that i was 4 days late from AF. I took a cheap pregnancy test (and i was trembling while i used it) so it could have altered the test...but it turned out to be positive..and i got scared b/c i have the iud. anyhow yesterday i noticed some spotting light pink and today i am seeing real red blood...i am wondering if my iud is out of position or am i really pregnant and now am miscarrying. I am having cramping not too painful but every now and then and my left leg is cramping and feeling numb at times..also i have some shoulder pain. i have never been through a miscarriage so i am wondering if this is just one of those. I havent seen any blood clots and it's not enough to stain a whole pain but i am seeing some red blood. What could be the problem..? I checked my iud and the strings are still there..could the iud have come down from the uterus to the cervix and cause this? Can u miscarry while u have the iud? If they remove the iud will it clearly miscarry the fetus??

I plan on visiting my ob tomorrow but i wnated to get some clear answers before this.

THANKS

See less See more
#2 ·
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that when you get pregnant with an IUD they leave the IUD in place throughout the pregnancy. I'm sure you will get more answers at the Dr. tomorrow. I can imagine you're very stressed about the whole thing

#3 ·
The shoulder pain put up a red flag for me. Shoulder pain can actually be a symptom of ectopic pg, which can happen with an IUD more often than normally. I would get to a doc asap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.