Wishing all you Mothers a Gentle Day - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 05-12-2002, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today will be a difficult day on many of you. As I reflect back on my first Mothers Day without Amanda I remember how painfull a day like today can be.

Please take care of yourself. Don't do anything that you don't feel ready for. This is your day too and others will understand if you can't make a certain event.

Take some time to reflect on the Mother that you are; light a candle, take a relaxing bath, plant a memory garden. Do what feels right for you and please take care of yourself.

I wish you all a Gentle Day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-15-2002, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for your kind reminder. Though I was still cramping and bleeding after the death of our unborn baby, I wanted to have a walk "with" our baby on Mother's Day. I felt a connection and other feelings came through, like telling the baby I was so sorry that things weren't right enough... After this walk, I came to understand that I really do feel a connection with the spirit of my baby, that he or she is present in some way. I took it very easy on the walk, and am realizing that I cannot hurry through the physical, emotional, intellectual, or spiritual healing process. I wish to let the waves of sadness and coping rise and fall until they stop, or don't. And the waves are spreading further apart.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page