How do I know it's all over? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would have been 8 weeks pregnant yesterday, but I'm miscarrying. This is my first miscarriage. I started bleeding slightly on Friday which steadily increased to passing clots over the weekend, and some distressingly recognisable tissue on Sunday. The bleeding has lessened slightly now, but is still heavy with occasional clots.

I really really want to avoid a D&C and just it happen naturally but I'm having a bit of a panic about RPOC. How will I know if I've passed everything? All that I'm reading seems really contradictory  -  bleeding should stop within two weeks, or up to six weeks is fine  -  and how would I be able to recognise an infection, before it was bad enough to compromise my future fertility?

inner-city crunchy mama with country-style dreams, lactivist.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifand gettin' happier by the minute!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM

I font know but I've been bleeding for 3 weeks and the ob told me today I can let nature take it's course or not. I'm sure an u/s will show rpoc? And bloodwork hcg should be close to 5 to be not pregnant? I was at 8,000 at 10 wk pg and 4,000 at 2 wk past miscarriage.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

DD: 8/10

#3 of 4 Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

I had an ultrasound on Monday but it's too early yet to tell if anything is "retained", or just hasn't passed yet. My hcg the day before I started bleeding was 10109 so I hope to keep getting blood taken (every fortnight or every week if I can) to see the rate at which it's falling.

inner-city crunchy mama with country-style dreams, lactivist.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifand gettin' happier by the minute!

#4 of 4 Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM

When your #s are at nonpregnancy levels and the ultrasound is clear.

I thought I saw "it all" after the misoprostol, and my bleeding had almost stopped,

my follow up "why am I even bothering" ultrasound showed RPOC. 

I had a D&C.

8 might be enough

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page