Mothering Forum banner

Wwyd?

472 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  broodymama 
#1 ·
My ob is not pushing either option.

I m/c at 10 wks (I think blighted ovum)and have been bleeding for 3 weeks pretty much once a week I have a very heavy flow day then back to red ewcm looking stuff.
U/s shows a thicker lining but ob says its only 1cm not an issue but bloodwork shows me at 500 hcg and she was hoping it would be under 100 by now ....

Id like to let nature take it's course but I've been bleeding for 3 weeks and really want to move forward.

I'm scared of d&c and am considering misopropal.
I'd love to have feedback! I don't know what to do...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
The misoprostol wasn't bad but it also didn't work for me.

The D&C was simple, quick and easy, but has risks.

If I were you I'd try the misoprostol and then have a follow up ultrasound a week later.

If that didn't clear everything out you can try the misoprostol again or opt for a d&c.

It did clear the hormones from my system very quickly.

If you are ttc again soon then I would say you need the HCG cleared out.

Did you pass the products of conception?

#4 ·
I miscarried one blighted ovum spontaneously and another one that was initiated by misoprostol. The misoprostol wasn't bad for me and I think it did help move things along quicker (one dose at night, then a followup dose the next night just in case not everything had passed). With my spontaneous one, I didn't pass the placenta until 5 days later. With the misoprostol I passed it about 10 hours after the bulk of everything passed.

hug.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.