What can I do to help my body reset/recover after ectopic pregnancy and salpingectomy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some input after having the surgery on Monday to deal with an ectopic pregnancy. I haven't started bleeding yet and I am eager to get this whole thing over with.
Any tips and stories of personal experience are welcome: did you take any supplements to help your body recover, did you take any supplements to restore your hormonal balance, how long did it take for bleeding to start and how long did it last etc.?

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am sorry you had to go through this. I had an ectopic surgery 10yrs ago. I didn't even know I was pregnant because I had not yet missed my AF when I was hit with horrible pain and went to the ER. I had emergency surgery since my tube had ruptured and I was internally bleeding. My AF came exactly as scheduled a few days later and it was just like a normal AF. Then six weeks after the surgery I got a BFP that resulted in my now 9yr old DD. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I hope everything works out soon.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mine was an unforeseen emergency surgery, so I didn't have time to prepare, so I did have to take a lot of iron because I lost a ton of blood.  I had Floradix on hand but switch to MMH Herbal Iron since it seemed to work better for me.  I also started taking their T&C Formula after my surgery and I think it really helped my body get back to "normal" (even moreso than before the ectopic pregnancy).

As for bleeding, I didn't bleed one drop after my surgery, but I had done plenty of that prior to it.  There wasn't really anything left to bleed out, I was only spotting from the awful internal bleeding.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

User Tag List