Acts of love and kindness from friends and family in response to your loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-15-2014, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I thought this would be a good post to share experience of love and kindness from your friends and family after you have experienced pregnancy and birth loss......

I've just had a 2nd m/c in a row, diagnosed at my ultrasound last week.  I had already arranged to meet 2 friends for lunch prior to learning this heartbreaking news.  I shared the news with them prior to meeting them for lunch.  At lunch, they said, "we are here for you, and if you want to talk about your loss we are here to listen, but if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine too".

So I shared my experience, my sadness, my grief, my loss, my fears for the future.

They were wonderful.  They just listened.  They didn't try to minimise my feelings. They reflected and validated my own feelings.  I truly felt better after sharing with them.  I thanked them for allowing me to talk and they said "You're our friend and your loss matters to us".  

I was so touched by their kindness and true friendship.

mamabear7 likes this.

40 y/o married Mama, 3 y/o DS, Angel Baby lost in Sep 2013, Angel Baby lost March 2014.
#2 of 5 Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing that.
I am sorry for your loss too.
Best
#3 of 5 Old 03-20-2014, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry about your loss.
#4 of 5 Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So sorry mama.
I had amazing support for my loss.
My friend let me stay in bed and cry forever and she watched my kids, cleaned the house and never expected me to get over it quickly and get back to normal. I was so blessed.

8 might be enough
#5 of 5 Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Everyone's been really nice after my miscarriage. I've had lots of emails and FB messages of love and support, lots of offers of food and babysitting, and one lady rang up and just told me she was bringing dinner the next night. That was really lovely - she was an older lady from church who I don't even know that well. Even the midwife and ultrasound techs were lovely, actually. 

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page