How long to limit physical work after a D and C - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love some input about how long I need to limit physical work after a D and C. I am a farmer, so its really hard to step back from my work this time of year, we have hired some extra help but I would like to get back to work as soon as I can as long as it is safe for my healing. I had an emergency D and C on Monday after a severe bleed from retained membranes that followed a miscarriage at 13 weeks in early April. I felt like absolute hell the last two days because of the general anesthetic and blood loss but am starting to feel better today. I was planning on taking a week to rest, then slowly easing back to work. How does this sound? My extended family is making me feel like it was working that caused the bleeding, and that I would be an idiot to start working again. I took it really easy for at least 3 weeks after the miscarriage so I don't feel that is true. I want to give my body the time it needs to heal but not feel like a total invalid either. The only info I got from the hospital was 6 weeks of pelvic rest, so I would really appreciate hearing anyone's experiences. Thank you.

#2 of 3 Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I think a week sounds reasonable. Stop if your bleeding increases. You may be anemic, and also unconditioned from time off, so listen to your body and rest if tired. Plan your first few days to be shorter.
#3 of 3 Old 05-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was told I could do anything I was up to once the bleeding stopped. Have sex, workout etc. However take it easy as start too soon the bleeding will return

8 might be enough

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page