Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By haralove

#1 of 4 Old 06-26-2014, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
21 week loss

We lost our little girl two weeks ago due to complications from a chromosomal disorder. I delivered in a hospital and we had her remains cremated. Once I can bring myself to pick up her remains, we plan to plant them with a tree. I can't seem to find much information on second trimester losses. I had an 8 week loss before and felt completely normal within a few days. This time, I still feel awful and still look like I am showing a little after two weeks. We would like to try again soon because our family doesn't feel complete. I am wondering what kind of timeline is suggested after a 2nd trimester loss.
#2 of 4 Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Just stopping by to say I'm sorry for your loss. Sending hugs you way .
#3 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So sorry, mama, for your loss. Hugs. I don't have any advice in terms of the timeline as I lost mine at 11 weeks. Have your healthcare providers given you any suggestions? It seems that opinions vary widely. I hope someone has some ideas for you. Many healing vibes your way.

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to say that I also planted a tree last week and it was very healing. We did a ritual and I placed things in the soil and said prayers. We also chose a fruit tree so that certain times of year the tree would be vibrant and bear fruit and offer us nourishment. It felt beautiful in a very particular kind of way. So just wanted to share that, although my loss was much earlier than yours I thought to share about our planting. Although you may have already done something as it was a few weeks ago. I am so sorry you are going through this.
Sending healing thoughts your way.
applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page