I didn't think I wanted another baby... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-06-2004, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Until I was pregnant and then suddenly not. Now, I want another baby so desperately it makes me sick. My DP says No Way at this point, and refuses to GIO unless we use protection. It makes me so sad. My baby is only 8 months old so part of me does want to wait a while to TTC but a very loud, hormonal part of me says I want to be pregnant right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-06-2004, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dig, I didn't know you weren't pregnant anymore. i am so sorry to hear that

I think its kinda normal to want to get pregnant again soon, i know i did after both my miscarriages. It took everything in me to wait the three months the doctor recommended. However, my kids were older, not 8 months, which is probably why your husband is hesitant. My husband was initially very hesitant to try again, only because he could bear to see me so devastated should i miscarry again.

Give him some time to sort through his feelings. You too.
#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2004, 12:42 AM

(((HUGS))) I know exactly how you feel! After I had my youngest I was DONE! Then i had a very early miscarraige & was still done. THen when she was 7 months old i got PG again. I was really,really struggling with the idea - then I finally came to the point that we were really excited & planning - and we lost him. Then I lost another baby.I cant be done now. Once you open your heart to another child, how do you close it? I want another so bad now.

My dh was hesitiant as well & even considered getting a vasectomy - he doesnt want another as much as I do, and he didn't want me to go through it again..... eventually he softened though
#4 of 4 Old 05-08-2004, 03:53 PM

Dreams,

I had my first m/c several years ago. I found out I had been pregnant by m/cing. I had at that time not decided that I would ever have children at all. It was not a good time in my life or relationship to have a baby. But oh did my arms ache all the time. Pregnant women made me cry, I had to physically restrain myself from picking up other people children.

There is a huge hormonal component to it, that for me faded with in a couple of months. Then I was able to deal with my desires, and not just my bodies'.
I am not saying it's not real, no one who has experienced could think that, it's almost too real, It's just that it does receed, and leave you in a better place to decide what your hearts desire is.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page