Ectopic stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old Today, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ectopic stories

Who else has had an ectopic pregnancy?
I am recovering from emergency surgery right now. I lost my right tube after a surprise rupture. My ectopic had been treated with methotrexate at 6 weeks (hcg 3000) and it seemed to be working when out of the blue it ruptured at 7w3d while I was at work. I had an ambulance ride, went into shock, lost 1/3 of my blood volume and have been off work for 2 weeks now. Still a lot of weakness and abdominal pain.

This was my 5th loss. I have had 3 MMC (the last one in August at 9 weeks) and 1CP. This was the worst experience. Such a roller coaster. I was monitored from the beginning because of my miscarriage history so I had early betas that didn't double. I had no pain or bleeding prior to my diagnosis and I would have thought this was a normal pregnancy so I guess it's lucky that I was monitored or I could have died.

I am not sure we are going to TTC again. Anyone else suffer an ectopic and go on to have a successful pregnancy, or are you still trying, or did you decide it wasn't worth the risk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old Today, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm so, so,sorry!!

Not me, but a very good friend of mine. She also lost her tube and she had 2 successful pregnancies thereafter

User Tag List