Bleeding before baby passed away - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bleeding before baby passed away

I'm looking for comments from anyone who had an experience bleeding before their baby passed away during a miscarriage.

Most of my online searches lead me to "By the time you start bleeding during a miscarriage, your baby has already passed away".

I started bleeding, bright red like a period on Sunday. Went for an ultrasound on Monday. Baby was doing well (correct position, heartbeat and movement) but I continued bleeding. I went for another ultrasound a few days later, and by then the baby had passed away. The ultrasound and my internal exam could not find any physical evidence of anything wrong with me nor the baby.

The fact that I was bleeding while the baby was apparently doing fine, makes me inclined to think it was rather something wrong with my body than the baby's. Yes, I know the standard answer, repeated to me so many times over the past few days, that 50% of miscarriages are due to genetic defects and a large portion of the others there is no known reason.

I don't know why its important to me, I am just curious to hear if anyone has had an experience similar to me and what your thoughts are about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-10-2016, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
I've had different experiences

With my son, I had what for all intents and purposes was a miscarriage at 8 weeks, but he held on until about 7 months, (no medical reason determined for the early heavy bleed). Then with subsequent miscarriages, I did have at least one where I know I went to the clinic (to verify a miscarriage) and the air head of an ultrasound tech told me chirpily that yes there was a heartbeat (like that was a good thing). I was in process of a miscarriage, I knew this because I had lost all feeling of being pregnant and then I did bleed heavily after the scan. I may have had spotting first. I think by the time you are heavily bleeding, it is likely the baby has died, or the body is actively shutting down the pregnancy. In my case it is because my body sees pregnancies as a threat to my immune system, not because I have (or the babies had) a genetic disorder. I spotted throughout all of my pregnancies which made it harder to know definitively that I was pregnant, although with some I just knew.
#3 of 4 Old 02-02-2017, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So sorry for losing your child. It sucks when you always have you and your baby checked and they say nothing's wrong but suddenly, you're having a miscarriage. As for you bleeding, I think, it's always best to double check with your OB or maybe ask a second opinion just so you know if there's really something wrong.

#4 of 4 Old 03-08-2017, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I am so sorry

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page