Miscarrying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-06-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, everyone... I had a little spotting yesterday, then went to the hospital, and found out that unfortunately I am miscarrying. I have found it very comforting to read some of the comments you have posted, so I was wondering if you could help me here. My question to you is: how long does it usually take for the tissue to pass? I find the wait quite unbearable!
#2 of 9 Old 01-06-2008, 05:12 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's different for everyone, some bleed a long time others not so long. With my m/c I bled a total of about a week with all of my tissue loss occurring in the span of one entire evening. I was about 11.5 weeks but never had an u/s, so I don't know when baby stopped growing.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#3 of 9 Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My first miscarriage was at 7 weeks and the majority of the tissue passed in 24 hours although I lightly bled for a couple of weeks after that. This miscarriage I had a D&C and have hardly bled at all. I think a lot of it depends upon how far along you are.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#4 of 9 Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I was 8 weeks along, but the baby stopped growing at 6.
#5 of 9 Old 01-06-2008, 07:21 PM

!!!! I MC at 14 wks

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#6 of 9 Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 AM

I am sorry for your loss.

I miscarried at exactly 6 weeks (this week). The bleeding started on Wednesday evening, and I passed the baby on Friday. The bleeding was never very heavy, and aside from a slight back ache I did not have any physical discomfort. I am still bleeding a little now, but it is really light.
#7 of 9 Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM

so sorry for your loss. let those around you help take care of you
#8 of 9 Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Yikes, I hadn't realized I would pass a baby! I started bleeding on Saturday morning, today is Tuesday, and although the bleeding is heavier and accompanied by clotting, I haven't seen any baby yet.

When should I consider day one of this cycle, so that I can start preparing for conception again? Did any of you have trouble conceiving after miscarriage?
#9 of 9 Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 AM

I'm so sorry about your loss.

I started spotting on a Sunday and Wednesday evening (late) I passed the tissue. In my experience, I never bled a lot, it was mostly clots. As I progressed durring the day on Wednesday, the cramping got worse and worse, kind of like urgent menstrual cramps.

When the baby passed it was like a large sort of greyish mass (I was at 9 weeks but the baby had passed at 7). The relief was nearly instant and I went to sleep right away.

I'm sure you were told that you should head to the ER if you fill a pad more than 1x an hour or if you are experiencing a lot of pain.

You asked about trying again. I think that's different for everyone. You should make sure your HCG levels are dropping (blood test). Your dr/midwife can probably give you the info on how soon to try. For some it might be the next cycle, for others it might be more.

Again, I'm really sorry that you are going through this. I hope you stay well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page