Nesting instinct - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone feel the need to prepare things for baby even after a miscarriage?

I do. I really can't help myself, I still like to look at all the baby stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Well, slight variation. I feel a strong need to do something with the baby stuff I already have. And I feel a major need to honor him in other ways - like getting a bracelet with his name on it, and actually naming him for that matter.

I bet the feeling is the same and we're just carrying it out differently. I also have an unusually strong need to organize the house. I guess I am nesting some.

Sorry I can't fully say BTDT. But I can understand.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM

me too.

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 PM

I have clothes I bought Avery. I have time where I'll want to wash them just to hold them. Sometimes I look at clothes when I am shopping and think that would be what size she would after the birth, etc. I am kinda nesting even though I am not pg now. I want to clean out the house, get things ready.

I am going to get a tatoo with her name and her angel siblings dates in there too.

Please take care!

s mama.

Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluepink02 View Post
me too.
I'm glad I'm not alone.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 PM

I'm nesting all the time.......
can't imagine what it will be like closer to the due date I was given
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM

I had the intense need to clean my home and make it a safe place. it's still happening even weeks after.

I think it gives me a sense of control over things that I can't possibly control.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 AM

I have totally cleaned out our whole house - and now I'm re-decorating. I think it's normal.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Me too. I just can't stop thinking of things I want to change, redecorating, my hair, just everything. For me its maybe less nesting and more "I don't know where my life is right now".

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

I have been really broody since I had a dream a few nights ago. I dreamed that I gave birth to a full term, healthy baby. I was at home,too, and my labor was very easy. Three pushes and baby was out. The funny thing is that I was not really showing.

OMGosh I want to get ready for baby now. I can't stop thinking about which diapers to buy (if any he he).

Soo today I bid on yet another baby sling. I already have a ring now I want a native style. I want a wraparound,too. It would be really crazy if baby didn't like sling in the end!

Last night I bought baby books,too. I can't help the way I feel. I fantasize about giving birth a lot and the details. Sometimes I can just feel it.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 PM

I don't know that i really feel the need but I'm still in the habit. It's hard to stop preparing just because my mind was so into preparing before we lost the baby. Things keep popping into my head and then I realize...oh yeah, we don't need that now. I'm kind of scared because I ordered a cloth diaper for the baby before we found out and I know it will be arriving soon...I don't know how I will feel when it comes.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
I'm kind of scared because I ordered a cloth diaper for the baby before we found out and I know it will be arriving soon...I don't know how I will feel when it comes.
Oh, erin_brycesmom, I'm so sorry
Old 04-10-2008, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know that i really feel the need but I'm still in the habit. It's hard to stop preparing just because my mind was so into preparing before we lost the baby. Things keep popping into my head and then I realize...oh yeah, we don't need that now. I'm kind of scared because I ordered a cloth diaper for the baby before we found out and I know it will be arriving soon...I don't know how I will feel when it comes.

It's a habit for me,too.

Is there anyway it can be tracked and canceled?

Oh yes, and I guess part of the reason for me is that I hope OH and I TTC in a few months. Gotta be ready!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:01 AM

I have been on a cleaning frenzy since Michael died. I just feel as though it is the only thing I can control, well kind of. I still have not done anything to his room, it is still ready for a baby. His clothes are washed and put away in his baskets, his bed is made, his stroller and car seat are waiting for that baby that will never arrive. I still cannot do anything to put it away. I guess it is me just holding on to him. The sad thing is that we are moving soon, and I will have to pack it up, and I am dreading that. I too look at clothes for him still. When I am in the store, I have a habit of walking right to the baby section, and then I remember, it really s*cks!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Oh, erin_brycesmom, I'm so sorry
thanks mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunch2k8 View Post

It's a habit for me,too.

Is there anyway it can be tracked and canceled?

Oh yes, and I guess part of the reason for me is that I hope OH and I TTC in a few months. Gotta be ready!
Thanks and thanks for the suggestion. I actually got an email about it today that there was a delay with it so I emailed back and asked to cancel. We'll see if she lets me. This was the first thing I ordered. I thought I was safe by waiting well into the 2nd trimester before ordering anything but I guess you can never be safe.

I feel you on your last comment. When I told dh about the diaper he said "it's ok we can use it for the next baby". I guess I'm scared that that won't happen but I'm glad he is hopeful. I really hope that you will have the news you want when you start TTC in a few months . And I hope to join you in TTC!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I really hope that you will have the news you want when you start TTC in a few months . And I hope to join you in TTC!
I hope so,too.

User Tag List