Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2004, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
By William Rivers Pitt

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/012604A.shtml

Quote:
The difference, however, is that Kucinich owned a moral authority and clarity of policy on these matters that most of the other candidates would love to call their own. He is untainted by corporate funding, and has practiced what he preaches for the duration of his career.
Quote:
The ghost of FDR had come to corn country.
Quote:
Factory cattle farms in Iowa feed their animals an incredibly dangerous mixture. A massive turkey farm north of Des Moines composts the corpses of dead turkeys, mixed with the sawdust bedding they live in. The product of this is sold to the factory farms, which mix it with rotten candy bars purchased from candy manufacturers.
Quote:
Dennis Kucinich reminds people why they are Democrats, why they are progressives, in the first place.
El
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 06:09 AM

(add a smile or proud face to these tears) I read my truthout first thing this morning and wanted to post this myself! You beat me to it! Mercy, how I really am so proud of that man!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 PM

I read that article 1st thing this morning and forwarded it to my dh and many friends. It made my day!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:13 PM

Wow! What an emotional reaction I had to that article.

:Puke

Wouldn't it be nice? Just the change in my belief that govt *does* care would be so fundamental, so huge if he "had a chance" as they say.

Quote:
Dennis Kucinich reminds people why they are Democrats, why they are progressives, in the first place. He is the soul and the spirit of those beliefs personified, he is Franklin Delano Roosevelt returned, walking and talking and preaching in the 21st century. Anyone who doubts this has not seen the man in action, has not met the people who surround him and support him.
I grew up with FDR as my hero. What an amazing thing to find a man of such principle and charity (?) today.

Thanks for the post!

User Tag List