Bin Laden capture soon? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now, what do you make of this Associated Press story?

U.S. Near Seizing bin Laden, Official Says
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html

I'm not sure what's going on here. My first reaction was, "Huh? If you're so close to capturing him, why the heck are you telling the press about it? Don't you think he might be tipped off if he sees this story in the morning paper?"

Then I had a second thought. Maybe this story is a plant. They have some possible locations under surveillance, and they'll watch them all to see if any of them shows suspicious activity because of this story. Like a B-movie detective rounding up the suspects and announcing that he knows who the guilty one is, so he can nab the guy who runs away.

Maybe that's not what's going on, but it's the only way this story makes sense to me.
#2 of 20 Old 09-04-2004, 10:43 PM

Third thought, maybe they will pull him out of the hole they have him in..................

Great time of year to do it!
#3 of 20 Old 09-04-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Now, what do you make of this Associated Press story?

U.S. Near Seizing bin Laden, Official Says
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html

I'm not sure what's going on here. My first reaction was, "Huh? If you're so close to capturing him, why the heck are you telling the press about it? Don't you think he might be tipped off if he sees this story in the morning paper?"

Then I had a second thought. Maybe this story is a plant. They have some possible locations under surveillance, and they'll watch them all to see if any of them shows suspicious activity because of this story. Like a B-movie detective rounding up the suspects and announcing that he knows who the guilty one is, so he can nab the guy who runs away.

Maybe that's not what's going on, but it's the only way this story makes sense to me.
It's not the only way it makes sense to me, unfortunately. Go to www.bushflash.com/lotto/html.

I predict an "October surprise," myself.
#4 of 20 Old 09-04-2004, 11:07 PM

If it said,

U.S. Near REVEALING (already captured) bin Laden, Official Says

I'd give it more credibility

#5 of 20 Old 09-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Banned

Yeah, I got a bumper sticker re bin Laden, but decided not to put it up, as I suspect it'll only be relevant for about a month, max.
#6 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 12:36 AM

As a BBC reporter commented at the RNC, "You couldn't make this stuff up".
#7 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Right. Or maybe he's mushing huskies in Alaska. It couldn't be made up, because it's so utterly implausible, is that it?
#8 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 02:26 PM

So they can't wait till October to spring their "UN-surprise"; we figured that would happen! I am pretty certain many of us discussed this loooong ago. So...what? They've just been waiting for "that perfect moment". We knew that would happen.

Let's see, that would be about the ONLY thing that COULD upstage Frances and continue to distract from facts, for about oh...say a bit less than a couple months...how conveeeeenient.

So very very predictable. The masses will be oh so relieved and only too willing to bend over and take another 4 years of that wonderful "Daddy" protection.

Oh...so sorry to not share the glee of some.

Am I too cynical? AWWWW.
Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#9 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 02:31 PM

Charles your link did not work??

Hmm, not much to say becuase it would be no surprise. Normal response to Bush and Co. Wish I could be more informative
#10 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 03:15 PM

They are gonna do a few weeks of leading up to the big event before they show him captured. That way we will all be hanging on the edge of our seats when it actually goes down. All Hail Georgie Boy!!!!

My guess, 10/10/04

And Joyce, you are not too cynical at all. If we aren't cynical we will be taking it for another 4 years.
#11 of 20 Old 09-05-2004, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg of Arabia
Third thought, maybe they will pull him out of the hole they have him in..................Great time of year to do it!
ditto.
#12 of 20 Old 09-06-2004, 11:54 AM

Great bumpersticker:

If Osama is captured dead before the election, check the body for freezer burn

They will pull like a genie out of a bottle some time in October.
#13 of 20 Old 09-06-2004, 02:12 PM

I'm thinking October 11th. Capitalize on the date, of course. Close enough to the election to maintain a mindless "rah-rah-rah" , and close enough so that the truth, if it is ever discovered, will be post-election.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to the capture of OBL. Quite the opposite, actually. But this will all be a political dog and pony show for electoral gain. If this administration really gave a rat's heiney about the American people, OBL would have been captured in the months following 9/11, no question. We would have followed through on that effort, rather than following the money trail of oil and greed to Iraq.

The sad thing is, do you think anyone on the right will look to the inevitable capture with a critical eye? With anything mroe than blathering praise and echoed rhetoric? Because those of us that do will be branded unpatriotic and terrorist coddlers, no question.
#14 of 20 Old 09-06-2004, 07:15 PM

What I don't understand is, this administration is so transparent that many of us have predicted their next actions months, if not years, in advance. And still, everyone acts all surprised and thrilled/apalled when these things happen. Hello?? Anyone in there?

When OBL shows up in shackles in October, will anyone be listening to those of us who TOLD THEM that it was going to happen that way?
#15 of 20 Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sunshine
What I don't understand is, this administration is so transparent that many of us have predicted their next actions months, if not years, in advance. And still, everyone acts all surprised and thrilled/apalled when these things happen. Hello?? Anyone in there?

When OBL shows up in shackles in October, will anyone be listening to those of us who TOLD THEM that it was going to happen that way?
No, they can't seem to believe that they are being manipulated. Karl Rove is the master of manipulation. Look how he has gotten everyone's attention focused on Kerry's war record instead of the war in Iraq. The American people behave like sheep and Rove is the shepherd.
#16 of 20 Old 09-07-2004, 11:46 AM

Yes, timing is everything.

http://www.ridingelectra.com/spiked/dates.html

Very interesting read at the above link....it's "All about Dates".

I think you will find it very very pertinent.
Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#17 of 20 Old 09-07-2004, 11:49 AM

Sad thing is: If Bin Laden is "captured" around the beginning of October and it comes to light BEFORE election day that the government had had him for a long time and were saving him for an election surprise... most people would not care.
Unfortunately A LOT of people don't seem to care they were manipulated and lied to to go into Iraq and many MANY say "It does not matter - the Iraqi people are better off anyway" The same way, they won't care if Osama has been frozen or kept somewhere for months or years just for the elections... They will probably say: "What matters is that Bush caught him"
#18 of 20 Old 09-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polihaupt
Sad thing is: If Bin Laden is "captured" around the beginning of October and it comes to light BEFORE election day that the government had had him for a long time and were saving him for an election surprise... most people would not care.
Unfortunately A LOT of people don't seem to care they were manipulated and lied to to go into Iraq and many MANY say "It does not matter - the Iraqi people are better off anyway" The same way, they won't care if Osama has been frozen or kept somewhere for months or years just for the elections... They will probably say: "What matters is that Bush caught him"

That is exactly what I think too. I see it everyday. The same people that were LIVID that Clinton lied about a blowjob are blase' that Bush has lied about so many things.

I really just do not get it.
#19 of 20 Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 PM

Bumping this in hopes that some folks here will read Joyce's linked botany lesson...

Here's the link again:
http://www.ridingelectra.com/spiked/dates.html
#20 of 20 Old 09-08-2004, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwyn
Great bumpersticker:

If Osama is captured dead before the election, check the body for freezer burn

:LOL

Not all those who wander are lost 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page