The unmitigated gall and arrogance - Mothering Forums

#1 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that the smirking chimp would DARE to question, or have any of his flunkies question Kerry's service is unbelievable to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 04:40 PM

I demand that the chimp mitigate this gall!
#3 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

#4 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
:yawning: *snort*
#5 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 06:22 PM

I think this sums up the situation:

Rep. Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) made the strongest attack at an evening rally here on the banks of the Ohio River, saying that Kerry "was carrying a gun through the jungles of Vietnam while George Bush was neglecting his military service and carrying out his responsibility as a cheerleader at Yale University."
#6 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

ooh pug, I sniff a new sig.
#7 of 181 Old 09-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
ooh pug, I sniff a new sig.
I did too. I nearly changed it this morning. But then I read this thread and the article linked to in it. I can't stop crying and it seemed like giving his words the widest possible audience is the very, very, very least I can do.
#8 of 181 Old 09-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Victory!
Chimp Mitigates Gall, Flunkies Smirk
Quote:
In election news today, President George W. Bush apologized for not mitigating the gall, and promised to mitigate it right after the morning Flunky Prayer Breakfast. Bush, a chimpanzee who was trained to fly an F-102 fighter during the Vietnam war, also promised to look up "mitigate," sources say.

A gall is a minor skin abrasion caused by friction. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), expressed relief and approval at the promised gall mitigation, saying, "I was in Vietnam." Kerry was in Vietnam for four months, and earned three purple hearts, two of which may have come from galls, one mitigated, the other reportedly not.

Kerry also urged the chimp and the chimp's flunkies, who are all either simians or demon lizards, to stop talking about Vietnam already, and concentrate on the real issues, like whether Kerry is patriotic, a question which has been raised many times by John Kerry.

"Of course I'm patriotic, since I was in Vietnam, and that's what we should be talking about," said Kerry. "But if he wants to talk about Vietnam, which I don't, because I was in Vietnam and he wasn't in Vietnam, then I say: Bring! It! On! But please don't."
Well, OK, actually the link doesn't say all that, it just says that Bush didn't miss any National Guard drills.
#9 of 181 Old 09-07-2004, 04:36 PM

Sean, Your link is dated prior to this report coming out. The experts the AP hired to go through his records just released their report and there are things missing. The experts who reviewed the files had no ties to either campaign.
#10 of 181 Old 09-07-2004, 04:57 PM

Yes, I linked to that one because it's the one that most comprehensively rebuts all the variant "where was George?" stories. Looking past the date, you'll see that it even rebuts these latest variants. If Bush was never ordered to train with the 187th, but only permitted to do so, then he could not have "missed" any drills. Three of the five "missing" documents in your AP story are explained away by this fact. (As for the other two, maybe they're just missing. Having had some acquaintance with the United States Army, I am surprised they didn't lose all five.)

If I find a better rebuttal with a later date, I'll post a link here.
#11 of 181 Old 09-07-2004, 05:41 PM

posted by Sean
Victory!
Chimp Mitigates Gall, Flunkies Smirk
Quote:
:
In election news today, President George W. Bush apologized for not mitigating the gall, and promised to mitigate it right after the morning Flunky Prayer Breakfast. Bush, a chimpanzee who was trained to fly an F-102 fighter during the Vietnam war, also promised to look up "mitigate," sources say.

A gall is a minor skin abrasion caused by friction. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), expressed relief and approval at the promised gall mitigation, saying, "I was in Vietnam." Kerry was in Vietnam for four months, and earned three purple hearts, two of which may have come from galls, one mitigated, the other reportedly not.

Kerry also urged the chimp and the chimp's flunkies, who are all either simians or demon lizards, to stop talking about Vietnam already, and concentrate on the real issues, like whether Kerry is patriotic, a question which has been raised many times by John Kerry.

"Of course I'm patriotic, since I was in Vietnam, and that's what we should be talking about," said Kerry. "But if he wants to talk about Vietnam, which I don't, because I was in Vietnam and he wasn't in Vietnam, then I say: Bring! It! On! But please don't."
Well, OK, actually the link doesn't say all that, it just says that Bush didn't miss any National Guard drills.

#12 of 181 Old 09-08-2004, 11:26 AM

: : : : : : : :

Totally T, but Sean, I am officially stalking you now. You are cracking me up.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#13 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM

Thanks, LeighAnne, I don't mind being stalked, but let's don't tell my wife.

Since I promised to post a newer link that debunks the silly "AWOL" story when I found one, here's one for y'all.
http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx

But really, it's immaterial now. The new, improved anti-Bush story is these four incriminating memos that CBS News has just "unearthed." Man alive, will the MDC crowd be crowing over that today, or what?

(Only problem is, all four memos are forgeries, and not even good forgeries. Very amateurish job.)
#14 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:16 PM

B/C 'O4 or DIE!

Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#15 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:18 PM

forgeries? How do you know?

I am honestly curious. They seem to really say a lot about Bushie.
#16 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

forgeries like the "intelligience" used to support preemptively attacking Iraq?
#17 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 PM

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO !!!!!
#18 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 PM

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/9/153213/0277

http://www-1.ibm.com/ibm/history/history/year_1941.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/9/145450/5463#21

Oh yes they are claiming forgeries.

How conveeenient.

B/C'04 OR DIE!
Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#19 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

isn't it the pentagon that handed them over? finally? and only after a lawsuit? so, the bush adminstration is now so freaking stupid that they forge documents that are damaging to themselves? wow-that brings their glaring incompetency to an all new level.
#20 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 04:59 PM

Hey if they are forged then let's see those forged Niger papers too, and compare...did they come from the same source? Hmmmm?

Oh...and Drudge is running with it now too....spinning so fast that his fedora just fell off.

See, how efficient the might Wurlitzer is? Scary isn't it?

Joyce in the mts.

#21 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:06 PM

Quote:
...(Only problem is, all four memos are forgeries, and not even good forgeries. Very amateurish job.)
Except, of course, they are not forgeries. Unless you think the Pentagon is making up forgeries to use against the Commander in Chief. And also time traveling to change when a typerwritter was released. So let's add them to the long list of people who had to lie about this (basically everyone in this story except GWB and his father.)

And I think the word "crowing" is insulting and unnessicary. If you want to support a canidate whose Commanding Officers were pressured into lying about his performance, go for it. If your canidate not bothering to fulfill his guard duty is okay with you, then fine. If a candiate who lied to the very people he betrayed by skipping out on his duty is one you can vote for with a clear concious, go for it.

My father was enlisted during Vietnam and did everyday of his duty; that's what poor, Irish-Catholic kids during the war. My husband is in Iraq and you better believe there are no gaps in his military record. I have at least a dozen friends in the Guard right now who have been to or are in Iraq, they all were able to leave on short notice because they kept their flying status intact.

It's not crowing when it's the truth you're talking about.
#22 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
isn't it the pentagon that handed them over? finally? and only after a lawsuit? so, the bush adminstration is now so freaking stupid that they forge documents that are damaging to themselves? wow-that brings their glaring incompetency to an all new level.
Good point, except it's wrong. The four forged memos were not in Bush's file, and did not come from the Pentagon, or even the government. They came from CBS News, who claim they "unearthed" them from Lt. Col. Jerry Killian's "personal office files," whatever that means, but have refused to reveal their provenance in any detail. Jerry Killian died in 1984. (How conveeeeenient, eh Joyce?)
#23 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 PM

FORGERIES???

The White House released these memos, with no explanation, shortly after the 60 Minutes story aired.

Lay off the Kool-Aid, Sean!

Oh, and your Hill link is to a column by a conservative. And it doesn't 'splain diddly.
#24 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

from CNN, which I know can hardly be considered as reputable a source as say...the Drudge Report ...

Pentagon officials said they discovered the documents released Tuesday while performing a more comprehensive search "out of an abundance of caution" in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by The Associated Press.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
#25 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:30 PM

No, Jeyer, the White House didn't release these four memos. CBS News did. CBS did fax the memos to the White House just before airing their report to get their response. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

No, Ganoush, the Pentagon didn't release these four memos. CBS News did. You are confusing them with the documents released Tuesday by the Pentagon. The four forged memos were not among those.
#26 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:31 PM

This one, from ABC, is specifically about the memos: Memos Show Bush Suspended From Flying

Quote:
The White House released memos Wednesday night saying that George W. Bush was suspended from flying fighter jets for failing to meet standards of the Texas Air National Guard.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
#27 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:36 PM

But the ABC report is wrong, too. The White House simply passed along two of the memos that CBS faxed the previous day.
#28 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

wouldn't the White House be the first to know that these are forgeries? then why are they so busy responding to them?
#29 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:48 PM

Quote:
But the ABC report is wrong, too. The White House simply passed along two of the memos that CBS faxed the previous day.
"Simply passed along?" You are too much!

On a related note, Bush's press secretary refused to say today that Bush did not defy an order to get his physical.

Quote:
Q Scott, I'm just wondering, even if these were old charges, and even if the President was honorably discharged, did he or did he not defy an order to get that physical?

MR. McCLELLAN: Holly, again, these are the same kind of recycled attacks that the Democrats are trying to engage in. The President fulfilled all his obligations, and that is why he was honorably discharged from the National Guard in October, 1973. He was given permission to perform equivalent duty in Alabama, and he met his obligations, and he met his obligations when he returned to Texas. And he met his obligations when he was in Texas, prior to going to Alabama.
#30 of 181 Old 09-09-2004, 05:57 PM

Did you know that Rove once bugged his own office and then accused others of doing it?

If these docuements are faked... that would definitely have that Rovian touch. Certainly I can entertain that possibility- plant forgeries, make sure they get to the right places and voila, everyone not leaning rightward looks like a lunatic!

Yeah if that was true I would definitely smell a Rove at the bottom (bottom feeder that he is) of it.

...but perhaps it's actually desperation and flop sweat that I smell and I am perfectly relaxed, so...that leaves... well, I won't get personal.

B/C'04 OR WE ALL DIE!!!...
Joyce in the mts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page