Bin Laden on Bush - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WOW! Have you guys seen this yet? This might just do Bush in.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bin_laden_tape
#2 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 01:08 AM

#3 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Ooops sorry please erase this thread. I just saw the other one. *embarrassed and slowly walking away* :LOL
#4 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 01:13 AM

:LOL me too
#5 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortsmommy
Ooops sorry please erase this thread. I just saw the other one. *embarrassed and slowly walking away* :LOL
Christy,
Don't be embarassed, it is a huge story! I am curious to know why you think this might do Bush in? I tended to think it would be bad for Kerry.
Please share your views, don't walk away.

Jenny
#6 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Banned

The story made me think of a few questions. If anyone as a good answer please post. Why do you suppose the tape was released now? Why hasn't OBL tried to strike agian since 9/11? What is he waiting for? What kind of American would agree with him?
#7 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping queen
The story made me think of a few questions. If anyone as a good answer please post. Why do you suppose the tape was released now? Why hasn't OBL tried to strike again since 9/11? What is he waiting for? What kind of American would agree with him?
Same old, same old. Who agreed with Bin Laden? Are you asking that question as if someone on here has agreed??? I certainly hope not. I know how you love to assume those of us who don't agree with the present admin are a bunch of godless, heathen, commies. But your question begs another. What kind of American would agree with Bush?

I did however agree with the point that if Bush had got up and not continued to read about a girl and her goat, that things might have been different, if only slightly. It would have shown some leadership ability anyway. That would have been nice...showing some true discernment and leadership ability. But bullies often lack discernment.

By the way Happy Hallowe'en Y'all!

I suppose if you can repeat yourself sq, then so can I. The candidate I will vote for on Tuesday DID serve. Just like my dad. And did so honorably. To spite what Bush and Co. would have you think. HOWEVER, when the rez and vice rez, deferred and more than once.... We live in such a different world now. When I was growing up I didn't really know anyone whose dad wasn't military. Now my best friend's father was a Rabbi (I think he was still called a chaplain - I called him Rabbi Steyerman) in the Army and I guess that counts. Those were the days when I could believe that if my dad was asked to leave again, it would be the right thing. But we had some trust of the government. That is gone. That trust was broken with Vietnam . And things will never be the same. But this latest fiasco beats everything prior.

Some very sad news - one of my best friends lost a family member in Afghanistan last Monday. He was 21 and an Army Ranger. The young man had survived two suicide bombings and died in a Hummer accident. Very sad. His mom is comforted by the fact that he wanted to be a Ranger since he was a little boy. We did what all Southern women do...brought food to them. Hugs all around. It was very impressive to see those young men, Army Rangers in full uniform, humbled and crying over their loss. As I have said all along I have never been anti military, I was an Army brat myself. It is this administration that has NO respect for our military men and women, not me. Granted I don't want mine to join, but that is for purely, admittedly selfish reasons. I don't want my children to die before me. I have devoted my life to protecting them. HOWEVER, if they join of their own choice, then they have my full support. And very often our children do things we don't want them to so out of six, one might. But, if the gov wants to TAKE them from me, that is entirely a different matter.

And on a happy note. Another friend's husband landed on American soil day before yesterday. After being gone 14 months I think. I cannot imagine how happy they were to see each other and for him to meet his son for the first time. His son that is now a year old.
#8 of 8 Old 10-30-2004, 09:33 AM

OH, NQJC, that is so heartbreaking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page