Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Diapering (http://www.mothering.com/forum/221-diapering/)
-   -   Best overnight? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/221-diapering/1029449-best-overnight.html)

tangledblue 01-20-2009 01:38 AM

Hey--we use BG AIO's during the day, but they frequently can't absorb enough at night. Any recommendations? AIOs preferred but anything that will keep her dry is good! (Max sleep right now 7 hr stretch.) Thanks!

crazydiamond 01-20-2009 04:35 AM

I think you'll just have to experiment. The only thing that's ever worked for my kids was a cover + 2 prefolds. I just trifolded them and laid them in the cover. Anything less their clothes would be damp in the morning.

wiksty 01-20-2009 05:05 AM

I need some advice on this same issue. My daughter sleeps for 9-12 hours at night and BG nor FB can keep her dry. I found myself waking her to change her every few hours because I couldn't stand the thought of her being wet all night, and then, as a last resort, began using 7th Generation sposies at night (I know...I hate it) as a temporary solution that has lasted far too long. I need help! I cannot find a leakproof night time diaper! Aaugh!

Hopefulmama 01-20-2009 08:56 AM

I was just coming on here to post the very same question. We us eBG 3.0's and I double stuff them. I have tried a sposie at night and that leaks too. We co-sleep, so it's not fun waking up damp and having to change the bed every morning or even in the middle of th night!

goodheartedmama 01-20-2009 10:31 AM

The best thing overnight IMO is a fitted, preferably a hemp one. I never have leaks with fitteds, as long as it's a good one! My favorites for night time are cricketts and piddle poddles. I think the cricketts work better, though, and they're much cheaper. Pair it with wool and you're virtually fail proof

Mom2Connor_Allie 01-20-2009 11:20 AM

The only AIO I trust to make it through the night for us is DryBees Hybrid AIO because you can add extra a hemp insert into the pocket. With a good hemp insert that is a great nighttime diaper for my DD. Other than that, we stick with pocket for night time and always stuff with a combination of microfiber and hemp. Microfiber stuffed on top of the hemp since that absorbs quickly and hemp holds a lot. Super Do inserts are designed for heavy wetters and nighttime use and are a combination of microfiber and hemp.

PatchChild 01-20-2009 11:35 AM

I double stuff a BG and then put a Bummis cover over that. So far so good, and DS is almost 20 months old now.

junipervt 01-20-2009 12:08 PM

I like thirsties stuffable aio's stuffed w/ a swaddlebees hemp insert for night time. No leaks or wicking yet & they are still trim enough to fit under most of her jammies.

brietta 01-20-2009 12:25 PM

We've never had a problem with fuzzi bunz, so long as double stuff them. A microterry insert plus a hemp insert can be a great solution, since microterry absorbs faster and then hemp absorbs more.

MoonStarFalling 01-20-2009 03:52 PM

Happy hempy fleece lined stuffed with a premium prefold worked fine for us. The fleece kept her skin nice and dry.

We eventually decided to go with something less bulky. A prefold plus microfiber or hemp insert covered with a babyology wool soaker. I love that soaker for night time.

sunnygir1 01-21-2009 01:35 PM

I use MotherEase one-size with Air-Flow cover. Dd is 23 months, and I haven't had them leak. Sometimes they are ridiculously soaked in the morning, however.

Eliseatthebeach 01-21-2009 04:13 PM

We use a bamboo fitted (bamboozle) with a fleece topped doubler to help keep her dry as I think the bamboo feels wet to the touch. Then whatever cover, mostly a wool soaker but any cover will do really. we have never had a leak problem.

chely7425 01-21-2009 08:42 PM

The super-do inserts ROCK!! We were having leaking problems at night too until we tried them... now we just use the super do inside any of our pockets and we are good for 12 hours

kirstenb 01-21-2009 10:15 PM

We use the BG one size pockets stuffed with two newborn inserts- DS is a heavy wetter but this works pretty well for us. We rarely have leaks. He sleeps 12 hours at night.

*Karen* 01-21-2009 10:49 PM

I've found that what is important at night is getting all around protection. Pockets no matter how much I stuff will leak because there is nothing on the side to absorb. I prefer fitteds because of their ease, but a fastened prefold with another trifolded inside would work just fine. I use a wool soaker for my little one, and a wool wrap for my toddler. DS uses Cricketts and DD uses swaddlebees OV with a large berry plush hemp inside (she pees a lot.) I've also used a bamboozle and liked it for absorbancy, but the flap annoyed me for some reason. Anyway, I think that fitteds and wool is the best for nighttime and I use exclusively aios during the day.

CookAMH 01-22-2009 12:35 AM

Can you share some links for wool soakers?

*Karen* 01-22-2009 01:29 AM

Aristocrats are my favorite.