What CD have you HATED!? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hated Happy Heinys. They leaked from the beginning. Despite being my least favorite, and least used diaper, the elastic wore out very early on. When I emailed them about a diaper replacement they offered to "fix the elastic" Which only made the diaper work worse than it did in the first place. Other companies (such as BumGenius) that I have contacted about diaper problems, offered to replace the entire diaper. No questions asked. I just never liked my Happy Heiny, and their customer service made me dislike them even more.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#92 of 102 Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie9143 View Post
I HATE HAPPY HEINYS (can you tell i really hate them) they leak, they fall apart and the customer service is SO BAD!!!

there im done
: I didn't see this before... I agree.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#93 of 102 Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
DD is very slim, and when the snaps were done up, the inside "wings" (the far ends of the top part with the snaps) would slip down inside the diaper, and then the leg casings would start to gape. You can guess the rest.

I think they've overhauled them since we used them a couple of years ago however!
ohhh ok, i know what you mean. i hate that but that only happened when DS2 was quite a bit younger. he's a very big boy at 5 months and it's not really an issue now.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#94 of 102 Old 07-12-2009, 05:29 PM

I thought I would love PFs, and I really dislike them!!! DD got red bumps when wearing the PFs for one day. I guess it's from the pee staying next to her skin versus being wicked away.

I actually love my BG 3.0s! I don't dry mine in the dryer (just the inserts), so maybe that's why I've had luck with mine. But I haven't been using them that long, either. DH even loves them.

I disliked the BSWW covers. They are just too stiff and I didn't like the fit around the legs. I loved the Thirsties covers best of all. Great adjustable fit. Love the leg gussets. I have two Litewraps covers and these fit a little weird, too, and are stiff. I'd only buy Thirsties from now on as far as covers go.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#95 of 102 Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Swaddlebees newborn fitted.
I had one of these because I bought a few diapers to check out when deciding what to do for our newborn stash. I loved this diaper but couldn't justify the price so we went with Kissaluvs before DD arrived.

The swaddlebees fell off DD every single time. I have no idea how it kept coming off, but it did. I'm so glad I didn't base my stash on these.

Mom to Kira March 2009
#96 of 102 Old 07-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Am I too late to join in?

Dh says anything with velcro. They were fine themselves but it wears out too fast and they are scratchy and come open.

Myself - BG's - the original ones from about 3 years ago and I am not too fond of the Kissaluvs contours, although I like the fabric and got a fitted and really like it. Also, I've been drooling over Sugar Peas Wool covers for years and finally bought one and I am so disappointed. I got a medium when my daughter was only 3 months and it was too small around the thighs, cutting into them, and they leak when compressed so I can't take her out in it either.
#97 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 AM

i cant really say ive tried anything i hate yet... i guess the closest ive come to "hate" is the bg 3.0 . and really it was just that i was disappointed with the velcro wearing out. the fit and everything was fine.

wanted to add that i always hand washed these and hung to dry. we don't have a washer so i hand wash my pockets and covers to make the wash loads smaller.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#98 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 12:33 PM

Oh no!

I'm in the middle of planning a newborn stash, and Swaddlebees fitteds and Sugar Peas were going to play a major role! Guess maybe I'll just buy one of each and see.

You know, I've been using my BG 3.0 for as long as they've been on the market, albeit not in heavy rotation, and I have never, ever had a leak, or had the velcro get messy on them. Maybe they just haven't been washed enough to ruin the velcro.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#99 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM

I'm not really a fan of AIOs. I am much happier with a regular old prefold covered with a bright Thirsties.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#100 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 PM

I really don't like the bumgenius one size. the velcro ripped in the middle of the diaper. they always makes a diaper chain in the wash. I also didn't like the kissaluvs fitteds. cute colors, but both products gave my kid the worst rashes and didn't fit right or feel soft after being washed. big waste of money. I use only prefolds and good quality covers now. we will be usein gmore wool covers with the next baby.

:
#101 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Kissaluvs. But everyone else bows down to them so...yeah, must be me.
: You're not the only one.

The ruffles around the legs always sneak out from under the cover and cause pee seepage.

I also hate snaps.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#102 of 102 Old 07-13-2009, 11:35 PM

I hate how Happy Heinys inserts always stick out and can rub against baby's skin.

Also, I'm surprised that a lot of people dislike BumGenius one size diapers. I have the velcro ones for more than a year and while not in new condition, they work perfectly. I love the snap ones more. I like snaps in general because my daughter can't rip them off yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page